PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime irrational fear

Amy1986
05-31-2012, 01:21 AM
Good morning guys,

Anyone else get scared at night, or more specifically scared you won't wake up?? My biggest fear has always been dying alone, and I'm forced to have 10-12 weeks away from my fiancé so obviously I'm alone in bed now but can't shake the irrational dying fear, it's effecting my sleep pretty badly now. Waking up in panic and covered in sweat so I'm obviously panicking in my sleep.

Suggestions? :)

Thanks for your time

crystalrose1985
05-31-2012, 01:39 AM
Hello....I have the same fears and issues sometimes, well the dieing one all the dang time....I have this weird separation thing with my fiancée he's my comfort zone (even though he stresses me out alot to lol) but I've learned the separation alone makes me panic alot but then the sleeping and just not waking up all the time also....it sucks!!! But I've found having some kind of music like spa music, enya, light classical music playing when I go to bed helps alot....or if you have a smart phone or iPod download sleep hypnosis apps. They are mostly free and they work WONDERS ....I put my phone under my pillow so I can lightly hear it and I'm out without the panic alot because your paying attention to the hypnosis .....good luck! If you try it let me know how it works for you ...