PDA

View Full Version : Anybody please

jlong329
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
Hey guys, just a quick question. I've been suffer from anxiety and panic disorder for the past 6 months. The other day I felt this weird sensation while I was watching tv and wanted to know if anyone has ever felt their heart do like a flip flop sound and then beat really fast or flutter. This sensation also made my back and the back of my neck feel really hot. It felt like a shooting hotness.

bhamlaxy
05-30-2012, 07:41 PM
I'm not sure if that's a palpitation or "heart fluttering"- I avoid looking up things like that so I don't freak myself out. But it is caused by anxiety.

jlong329
05-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Thank you for responding. I had a battery of tests done during a week stay at a hospital plus multiple visits with different cardiologist, neurologists, pulmonologist and dozen of visits to the ER and they can't find anything wrong. They even did a cardiac catherization.

It's just so hard to chalk it up to anxiety because these sensations are so real and strong that it makes you think that the doctors missed something and there is a serious underlying medical problem with me.

Anotherday12
05-30-2012, 09:07 PM
I completely understand how real everything feels. I have had to call 911 a couple of times when i first started having my panic attacks. I also used to think that maybe something else is wrong with me and sometimes still do. Its hard but find ways to laugh about it and try not to second guess doctors.

Scott Howell
05-30-2012, 09:18 PM
long I have those attacks also, and have recently been passing out from them. I am even currently in the Hospital because I thought I was having Siezure, but after a complete Heart and Neuro work up, Anxiety and the severe Panic attacks seem to be causing it. So I understand how you feel. They called in a Phsyc, and he has prescribed Celexa. I hope it works.

bhamlaxy
05-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Anxiety can cause a WIDE range of symptoms. When your fight or flight response is activated, your nervous system literally thinks you are dying, and pulls out all the stops.

Rest assured you are totally fine, especially after all the tests and analysis.

jlong329
05-30-2012, 11:00 PM
Thank you all for your responses, it's re-assuring and greatly appreciated