PDA

View Full Version : Getting it under control

kmarie30
05-30-2012, 12:30 AM
Hello my anxiety is just not going away. I get induced vertigo with head movement. Which is how it all started. I notice now that it's only when I'm anxious and my arms hand shoulders and neck are tight and tingley I'm always afraid to move cuz I'm afraid of the dizzy eyes( feels like one is crossed) when I'm calm. Which isn't often. I seem relatively ok but other than that I'm always afraid if the feelings. I take my Ativan when needed but I need to know that this combination of sensation physical and real as it is, is anxiety and if so why will it not go away? It's with me constantly. I'm really getting quite depressed and hopeless about it. People say breath or meditate or think positive but I've tried everything and do what do you do if anxiety is taking over. Permanently. I want my life back. My motivation is lost! I'm in despair and I think honestly that if I didn't have a child I prolly would've done myself in by now it's so bad. Why why why won't it just burn out and leave? If anxiety is a symptom why when I'm trying so hard is it not letting up? I'm so tired of crying my life away staying inside and hiding. If it wasn't anxiety Ativan wouldn't work right? Or if I have a couple drinks I feel fine too! That's anxiety right??? Anything more serious and vertigo related would just get worse with booze right? My flipping life is ruined. I'm so sad! I'm ready to live so why won't my body listen?

dazza
05-30-2012, 01:34 AM
You're the first person I've ever heard say that drink actually STOPS dizziness!
That's rather cool! ;-)

I assume you've seen a doctor and that they have ticked off the possibility of anything nasty?

Sounds to me like you've built up a fear of going dizzy and this fear actually makes it happen! (bloody typical of anxiety this)

Honestly, I think they could make a great horror film out of anxiety - where everyone's fear actually makes the fear come true.

Don't get angry with yourself, that'll only make it worse.

Have you seen a cognitive therapist? (you really should)

Anyway... enough talk of doing yourself in, that's just silly!