PDA

View Full Version : Yay meds kicked in

TheWhiteRabbit
05-29-2012, 09:49 PM
I'm so joyful I decided to give in to the meds and they are helping me so much. The anxiety is down to a level I can ignore and keep going!!

bhamlaxy
05-29-2012, 11:18 PM
Yep. Lexapro kicked in for me and it was the greatest feeling. Went from taking ativan daily to once every week or two. Still feel anxiety on occasion but it's not NEARLY as bad. Rare and not nearly as strong.

Buttercup
05-30-2012, 03:40 AM
That's great news for both of you! long may it continue!

aegirl23
05-30-2012, 07:06 AM
How long did it take u guys for the meds to kick in?

bhamlaxy
05-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I slowly increased my dose to 15mg. But I think it took about 5-6 weeks to kick in.

It's a tough wait, and I highly recommend using a benzo during that time, but it's much better when it does.

I was a bit anxious this morning, but got up and went to work fine. I know for a fact if I wasn't on Lexapro, I would have been having a panic attack, would have had to take an ativan and pace around my house for a bit, and ended up being late to work. And of course, would have had to endure the crumminess of a panic attack!

aegirl23
05-30-2012, 09:48 AM
Oh cause I'm on week 2 of lexapro and I took a medical leave from work cause I've been soo sleepy and didn't feel like doing anything.

mohammad
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi

I am new here i have just start effexor xr two days ago, have severe aniexty i am wondering when will it kick in ? i had it with aniexty and.depression

mohammad
05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Hi

I am new here i have just start effexor xr two days ago, have severe aniexty i am wondering when will it kick in ? i had it with aniexty and.depression

bhamlaxy
05-30-2012, 11:19 AM
Oh cause I'm on week 2 of lexapro and I took a medical leave from work cause I've been soo sleepy and didn't feel like doing anything.
Do you take it before you go to bed? Maybe that would eliminate the sleepiness. That is one of the more common side effects in the long term (little drowsiness throughout the day, some laziness) but you just have to learn to deal with it. I stopped drinking coffee for a long time, but have found a cup in the morning now gets me perfectly energized for a long period of time.

It can take awhile, weeks or maybe even up to a month and a half. If you have severe anxiety you should look at using a benzo like Ativan until the Effexor kicks in.

aegirl23
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
I take the Ativan in the morning and take lexapro at night with my dinner.. I can definitely tell that I still get anxiety sometimes, cause my mom was just sick with a virus and when I heard that my anxiety got bad cause I guess got nervous that I might get it.

mohammad
05-30-2012, 12:01 PM
Do you take it before you go to bed? Maybe that would eliminate the sleepiness. That is one of the more common side effects in the long term (little drowsiness throughout the day, some laziness) but you just have to learn to deal with it. I stopped drinking coffee for a long time, but have found a cup in the morning now gets me perfectly energized for a long period of time.

It can take awhile, weeks or maybe even up to a month and a half. If you have severe anxiety you should look at using a benzo like Ativan until the Effexor kicks in.

I am taking xanax also , i thought effexor is a bit quicker than other ADs..

TheWhiteRabbit
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
I'm on day 25 and doing well. Can't wait to get to two months.

bhamlaxy
05-30-2012, 02:15 PM
I am taking xanax also , i thought effexor is a bit quicker than other ADs..
I'm actually not too familiar with effexor. Should be a couple weeks if it's shorter than others.

PanicCured
05-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Meds are a temporary band aid. I wouldn't use them as long term treatments. You dont need meds to cure anxiety. You just need the right resources and the right state of mind to push through it.

TheWhiteRabbit
05-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I agree but I'm only on meds while I work things out with my Psychologist.

PanicCured
05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah as long as you have that understanding that is good! Just don't get addicted to Benzos or SSRIs.