PDA

View Full Version : anybody else feel like this?

beebee92
05-29-2012, 02:56 PM
I have sufered anxiety for a year and a bit now i have recently started to feel better then today i have a real headache feel although i'm spining kind of like i am on a boat and that my balance is of abd that theres a force feeling of someone pushing me and i also feel like i am in a dream as if nothing is real? Anyone reassure me can help me on how to stop this x

crystalrose1985
05-29-2012, 03:16 PM
I have days like this...days I just feel out of my own body and it drives me absolutely crazy and sad....I have really turned to relaxing music like enya and just a quiet room for 20 min...alot of times I use headphones so I only hear the music...or I download apps on my phone or iPod for anxiety and they really help me to..try spearmint and eucalyptus smells or lavender and chamomile works good to...good luck and just know your not alone!

Buttercup
05-29-2012, 04:28 PM
It is probably anxiety related but the symptoms could also be from an inner ear problem like labyrinthitis or an infection- these also cause vertigo/feeling unbalanced along with pain. If it doesn't go away in a couple of days you should get checked out to make sure it's not a medical problem causing it. Inner ear problems are common and usually easily treated.

Edited to say that when I had these symptoms I was suffering from sinusitits and labyrinthitis and it wasn't linked to anxiety.

brittany09
05-29-2012, 09:01 PM
YES. Many days I've felt like that! Dizziness is a big problem for me. Even when I'm feeling better I'll just be walking or whatever and all of a sudden out of nowhere it feels like the ground is shifting around and then I think I'm going to fall over or faint from being so dizzy. I get the pushing sensation too. Kind of feels like you just fell asleep on accident and woke yourself up. The not feeling real is called derealization. It's a symptom of anxiety and depression. Basically,you just need to get your stress levels down and the symptoms will subside. This can be done by positive thought patterns,breathing techniques and sometimes a trip to the doc to discuss your options. You will feel better!

Cindy Nelson
05-29-2012, 09:22 PM
Yes! The first time I felt like this I thought I had something wrong with me. I was at church and was so dizzy I was afraid to stand up - afraid I would fall over. I didn't of course and it wasn't until later that I learned it was one of my many anxiety symptoms. I also went into that state of feeling like I was in a fog or dream. I saw it once referred to as "a sense of unreality". That's anxiety my friend! I have suffered on and off from generalized anxiety and am happy to report that I have been anxiety free for the last year and a half. I just re-joined this forum to give back and hopefully encourage people like you - and also to keep on top of my health to prevent anxiety from returning. I remember how awful and scary anxiety was and how I thought I would never recover. But this is a lie! You WILL get better. Just the fact that you are reaching out for help on this forum is huge. Some things that helped me - deep breathing, distraction, meditation or prayer (Philippians 4:6 if you are a Christian), exercise, medication if Dr. advises and overall just not being afraid of anxiety. Know that it will pass. Brighter days are ahead!

TheWhiteRabbit
05-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks for sharing your positives!