PDA

View Full Version : Phobia

aegirl23
05-28-2012, 09:59 AM
Think my fear of throwing up is turning into anxiety. Cause like if someone texts me telling me they have a virus I automatically get nauseous and scared im gonna get it even tho I haven't seen that person in months. How can I get over this fear.. I'm on meds now for anxiety that I just started last week. And now my mom might have food poisioning but I'm scared I'm gonna get sick even tho it might just be food poisioning.. What do I do:(

hopeNfaith88
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey, no one likes to throw up. Trust me. I hold it in as long as I can!
Its a part of life though. Just like taking a crap is :) only out of your mouth. Its not dangerous, its natural, it happens quickly and afterwards you always feel better. So dont stress about it. Besides it happens so rarely. I havent thrown up in a few years. I know its scary but try to keep a logical mind: You cant get sick through a text message! And if you are worried about your mom then dont share anything with her when shes sick and wash your hands often. The nausea you feel is all psychological. Like how u are with puke, for me its smoking weed. I used to smoke alot then one day i had a terrible
Panic attack and couldnt anymore. It makes me panic so badly that if someone tells me via text that they are really stoned or im around someone who just smoked (if i can smell it, its the worst) then i actually start to feel high and i freak out! Its ridiculous. Our minds are so powerful!

Also if you feel like you are going to puke lay down with a fan on and shut your eyes i have stopped myself from puking by doing this. The nausea will pass.

smithjeeps
05-28-2012, 02:17 PM
Wow the whole weed thing I can totally relate with. I used to be a heavy pot smoker. Then one day I got high and had the absolute worst panic attack. After that weed has never been the same for me. I mean I used to love smoking pot but after that one time I get anxious just thinking about being stoned. And I am the same way if I just smell pot smoke I start to feel lime I am getting high and start to get anxious. It's weird.

cherub
05-28-2012, 04:48 PM
Hey guys, i def think weed plays a massive part in anxiety. I used to smoke it then one day i tried space cakes and thats when my anxiety and panics started and i couldnt leave my house for 2 weeks. I have tried smoking twice since then and both times it triggered a panic attack. Weird x