PDA

View Full Version : Numb

amberhs27
05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
K has anyone ever experienced the weird feeling like idk how to describe it it's like when u go down a deep hill or a roller coaster that drops suddenly the feeling u get in ur stomach except it goes through out ur body briefly? I'm wandering if it's an anxiety attack coming on. I have felt it before but idk if that's included as symptoms or not.

Beautiful Disaster
05-27-2012, 07:15 PM
That's exactly what I feel when I have anxiety/panic attacks - and the rollercoaster feeling is the best description of it I've heard yet!!! What's funny is that I love rollercoasters... But obviously hate anxiety/panic and the feelings they cause l...

amberhs27
05-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Thank u. So it's not jus me. I thought maybe it was something else. I jus had that feeling. My body got real hot like burning on the inside then that feeling came over me. I took an Ativan right then and there. It's getting to where I have a few of the symptoms but not all which is way better. Guess I'm learning ways to cope :)

Beautiful Disaster
05-27-2012, 07:22 PM
How often do you get it? Does the Ativan help? Knowledge is power, so knowing that the feeling is just anxiety and nothing serious can help you try to cope and get past it. :)

amberhs27
05-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't get it to often jus right before a bad attack. I took my Ativan n haven't had any other symptoms like the chest pain and shaking and dizziness. Only thing right now is it feels like I can't breathe well.

amberhs27
05-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Also do u arms get weak feeling at all or your legs? I'm so tired of this I feel like crap everyday. Jus wish I could get past it already.

10x10
05-29-2012, 12:09 AM
I get the same thing. Starts from my toes and goes up through my body. Sounds odd doesn't it...

Plus the constant feeling of butterflies in my stomach.

Dub
05-29-2012, 06:09 PM
Do you get a weird taste in your mouth too?

amberhs27
05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Ya I do!!!

Dub
05-29-2012, 06:28 PM
That's a terrible feeling. I've had anxiety most of my life (26) but this year was the first year I've experienced that. I actually just had it happen again about an hour ago, and now my anxiety is elevated. Sometimes I wake up in that state and it feels like I'm dying. The first time it happened I woke up like that with that weird, blood-like taste in my mouth and called 911. I spent 4 hours in the ER and there was nothing wrong. The EMTs did an EKG on the spot and it was normal. But man is it an Erie feeling. Like everything but the blood pumping through your neck, goes numb.

bhamlaxy
05-29-2012, 06:40 PM
These are all common anxiety symptoms.

You have to remember, anxiety is your nervous system raising a false alarm, activating your fight or flight system. It's exactly why it reminds you of a roller coaster- It's a burst of adrenaline. On a roller coaster it can be fun and exhilarating, but when it happens for no reason it can be disturbing.

Your body believes it faces an imminent threat of danger, when really there is nothing. You get the same symptoms you would get if someone held a gun to your head, or a wild animal approached you.

The key is to understand that it is purely anxiety causing these symptoms, and it can't hurt you- it's just your body's self defense system misfiring. It is terrifying, but it will subside, and you can reteach your body not to do it.

Dub
05-29-2012, 06:51 PM
How do you retrain your body?

dazza
05-30-2012, 01:25 AM
You can't retrain your body. (E.g. giving it a dissaproving smack or telling it off won't work, LOL)

You can only retrain your mind - which in turn will sort out your body.

The "funny guts" feeling is probably also a side effect of bloody being steered away from your non-vital organs (like stomach) and into your vitals (e.g. heart + lungs).
Another common anxiety thingy that can also lead to diahorreah and nausea.

The list is never ending eh?