PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get heat headaches/ pressure in the sun?

IloveGod
05-27-2012, 06:17 PM
This year I started getting heat headaches so bad that I can't stay in sun long. It's heavy pressure on the right side of my head and sometimes it hurts when not in heat. Doctors say its anxiety. I don't think so. Anyone have this? Solutions?

joshbagosh
06-01-2012, 03:11 PM
I've been dealing with anxiety for 4 months now! I've gotten these one sided heat headaches before, they are scary! Recently I've been getting dizzy spells and heart palps, it feels like I've had every symptom in the book when it comes from anxiety but I always seem to think its some illness I've received! Your heat headache will pass give it time!

IloveGod
06-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I've been dealing with anxiety for 4 months now! I've gotten these one sided heat headaches before, they are scary! Recently I've been getting dizzy spells and heart palps, it feels like I've had every symptom in the book when it comes from anxiety but I always seem to think its some illness I've received! Your heat headache will pass give it time!

Yes, the heat headaches are scary. They have subsided some. Now, I have some facial numbness. I'm glad someone can relate. I get many if the anxiety symptoms often too.

hopeNfaith88
06-01-2012, 05:44 PM
I used to get headaches and dizziness so bad in the sun that i stopped leaving my house. Its def anxiety. When i started accepting it then they started to get less frequent and less severe. My anxiety made so so sensitive to my surroundings that when i took my glasses off i would still feel them on my face for hours after. My dad called 911 on himself over anxiety he thought he was havin a heart attach and when he got discharged and went home he said he felt like the medical wristbands were still on his wrists for two weeks lol anxiety is crazy

IloveGod
06-01-2012, 06:46 PM
I used to get headaches and dizziness so bad in the sun that i stopped leaving my house. Its def anxiety. When i started accepting it then they started to get less frequent and less severe. My anxiety made so so sensitive to my surroundings that when i took my glasses off i would still feel them on my face for hours after. My dad called 911 on himself over anxiety he thought he was havin a heart attach and when he got discharged and went home he said he felt like the medical wristbands were still on his wrists for two weeks lol anxiety is crazy

Wow, I'm glad someone understands. The headaches are intense in the heat. I still feel right head pressure even when not in heat. That's crazy how your anxiety made you feel like your glasses were still on. Anxiety is crazy...lol.

Buttercup
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
Getting headaches in the heat is totally normal even for people without anxiety as is feeling pressure on areas of the body when something has been pushing on it for awhile. Keeping really hydrated especially in the heat can alleviate the headaches.

Sentao
06-04-2012, 07:39 AM
It can happen, don't read too much into it, if your doc says it's nothing, it's best to listen to him or get another opinion if you insist.