PDA

View Full Version : Hello

tdw
05-24-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm new to the forum and have been a daily sufferer for 17 years. I've tried everything and nothing seems to work in the long term. I feel trapped and afraid if away from loved ones. I feel a tightness in my chest and sometimes afraid to leave my car at work. I often hide in the bathroom so my co-workers won't see me. Sometimes exercise works, sometimes it doesn't. Alcohol helps but the next day I suffer more. It's a vicious cycle. If I ma not having an anxiety attack, I have anticipatory anxiety. I am currently taking benzo's. Any suggestions?

sunshinesarah
05-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Hey I'm new to this site and suffered with anxiety since the age of 11 I'm now 30. I feel I'm a time bomb and go for a while feeling 'normal' then something in life happens and I am back in that horrible place where I wake up with a knot in my stomach and feel fear all day. Last week I was fine this week I'm in another world! Hardly eaten, sensitive to feelings etc had to be signed off. I am lucky I have great friends but I'm so so scares this is what my life is going to be like constant set backs I'm tired of it. I have a great job and of I carry on eventually I will lose it. Just want reassurance I'm ok and will get through this and I'm glad I have found fellow sufferers on here as can't talk to people who don't understand x x words of reassurance please x

j2005
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
You can work through this. I suffered with anxiety and got through the worst of it.
I learned to accept it and quit fighting. I went to doctors who all said I was fine and at one point agreed within myself to simply believe them and move on with my life. I've been better ever since.
I started meditating. Used the Linden method often.
I still had symptoms but simply welcomed them.
In time, the symptoms no longer made me afraid. When I stopped fearing, the anxiety passed.

Have you seen a therapist that specializes in CBT? They can help. Drugs just delay the hard work ahead of you.

There is hope. You can have your life back.

PM me if I can help in more detail,
James