PDA

View Full Version : Things i HAVE TO DO when anxious

hopeNfaith88
05-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Does anyone else do this?

I constantly put a finger to my neck to feel my pulse when anxious. I also have to bring water with me whenever i go anywhere (or when i could :/) if i forget water i almost certainly will panic

Amy1986
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
I am exactly the same. Carry a drink everywhere which sloshes in my bag and makes me need to pee :) also carry sugar tablets in case I get dizzy and a muesli bar in case I get the shakes. And Valium for absolute emergencies. Oh a lots of tissues in case public bathrooms don't have Amy paper.

My bag is big :)

trinidiva
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
I always have my xanax and water with me. I usually carry a gravol bar in case I start feeling lightheaded.

smithjeeps
05-23-2012, 01:56 PM
Sounds just like me. Constantly checking my pulse even though it's usually always fine. Maybe a little elevated at times. I also have to carry water. I have lorazepam if needed and if I forget that it almost always sends me into a panic attack. Pretty pathetic

hopeNfaith88
05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Smith youre not pathetic. I used to carry xanax and freak when i forgot it. Now i cant even leave my house THATS pathetic! Lol

sutralotus
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Do u have agoraphobia?

brittany09
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I always have my Ativan on me,and something to do in my purse. Even if it's just my phone I can play a game on there to distract me. I also carry a paper bag in there in case I need to breathe into it. Lol

j2005
05-24-2012, 01:17 PM
Have you guys tried the Linden method? It helped me tremendously

j2005
05-24-2012, 01:18 PM
Oh yeah, how does the food help you?

hopeNfaith88
05-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Do u have agoraphobia?

Yes...terribly. Also one day i had a panic attack while driving now im terrified to drive and even be in a car. But i work on it daily and see a therapist on the 29th i cant wait to start working on it

hopeNfaith88
05-24-2012, 02:28 PM
I always have my Ativan on me,and something to do in my purse. Even if it's just my phone I can play a game on there to distract me. I also carry a paper bag in there in case I need to breathe into it. Lol

Lol the phone thing. I do that ALL day. Even right now im writing this from the anxiety forum app. Draw something distracts me or words with friends lol

10x10
05-25-2012, 04:20 AM
Always check the pulse too. And always have the xanax on me as well. Rarely ever use it, but it's just a security blanket :) And if I need a security blanket at my age... so damn be it!

feliciaxann
05-25-2012, 04:36 AM
I am most definitely the same way. I have to have water (so I don't dehydrate) ritz crackers , and a sugary snack (fear of my blood sugar getting low) and my iPod touch, and cell phone. If I don't have those things , I will be even more anxious! I think I have agoraphobia. The thought of leaving the house scares me , also being in the car and panicking is so much worse for me!

laurandisorder
05-25-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm pretty similar to you guys; the things I always have in my bag include my phone for distracting games/music, an emergency Valium, a folded up paper bag if I start to hyperventilate - which really helps me stop shallow breathing and I also take water with me everywhere!

The first sign of my anxiety is a dry mouth and trouble swallowing, small sips of water calm me right down.

Amy1986
05-25-2012, 01:37 PM
See now mines not a paper bag. I carry a ziplock (I know that's weird) in case I need to throw up. Feel slightly stupid now :S