PDA

View Full Version : Very nervous today

jw927458
05-21-2012, 04:49 AM
Yesterday almost all day on and off, I had this dizzy feeling. Today it is gone, but now my anxiety today is very high and I keep thinking the dizziness is going to return. I have been doing good with controlling my anxiety, but this dizzy symptom really made me nervous. I don't have any other symptoms. I guess I'm just trying to vent and calm myself down. I hope this dizziness doesn't come back.

wanttoheal
05-21-2012, 05:44 AM
It's important to distinguish if it's truly dizziness that you're feeling. I too often think I feel dizzy but when I googled the symptoms I was actually light headed. When you say dizzy is the room spinning? Is it hard to stand up? Regardless both can be symptoms of anxiety. Over breathing is one of the causes. Those of us who suffer from anxiety tend to over breath or hyperventilate when we are anxious. Try rebreathing into a paper bag.
The bottom line is that anxiety rears it's ugly head in so many different ways. The biggest challenge for me is even when I'm having symptoms to understand that they are not going to harm me.