PDA

View Full Version : Sense of reality

mommyof2
05-20-2012, 11:39 PM
I have suffered anxiety for just about all my life and just recently I have been feeling weird like I am not living in this world and living in a dream state. Does anyone else get like this sometimes and if so what do you do. I am afraid I gonna go crazy and just lose my mind. I am also on lexapro and just got the medication upped to 20mgs. Someone please help me will I ever be back to normal

Krissttea
05-21-2012, 12:03 AM
I am new to this forum, infact this is my first response. I do understand exactly what you are talking about. I have had anxiety/panic attacks/agorphobia for 7 years now. It has gotten to a point where I feel its getting worse than better. I understand the "going crazy" or "loosing your mind" feeling all to well. I am trying to cope with it the best way that I can. I have been just taking xanax 4 times a day as alot of the SSRI's scare me for some reason (fear of pills and reactions). I recently went to my counselor and they wrote out a perscription for lexapro starting very low at 5 mg a day. I am afraid to take them as I have heard some people say it makes you more anxiety at the beginning. Is that true for you? Did you doctor ever try xanax or ativan to take the edge off? They are in and out of your system where the lexapro is time released. Perhaps something like that may help you. My son who is 20 began having anxiety and panic attacks 2 years ago, he is on lexapro and was taking 10 mg and it really wasnt helping him so now he is on 20mg. It took about a month and he is so much better than he was. He also has xanax as a on need type basis but rarely ever takes them. He gets 10 a month but doesnt even use half of them. You will get back to normal, we just all need to find our way of getting there and I beleive that talking with others who are going through the same things is one of the best things because they truly understand. If you just want to chat sometime let me know. I am always looking for others to talk with and get advice as well as give advice that I have learned over the years. My anxiety was through the roof today as you can see I cant sleep :( praying tomorrow is better!

mommyof2
05-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Really I am happy to hear that I am not the only one. My anxiety seemed to get worse after I had my second child. I was out on 10mgs lexapro and just recently started on 20. I really hope it starts to work soon. And when I first started lexapro it didn't make me more anxious or make my anxiety worse. It took about 6 weeks for it to start working but once it did I felt great. I would love to chat with you. It helps a lot talking to someone who is going through the same thing I am. It's really hard to go through this with having two little ones at home and my husband is gone at work. Being alone I think just makes it worse. Now I have been feeling like I am losing sense of reality and it scares me it makes me think I am turning into a schizo or something. Thank you for the response it really helps reading what others go through with anxiety.

Krissttea
05-21-2012, 12:22 AM
You are not going to go schizo, I promise! I am great at giving the advice the people have told me but not following it. It could be hormonal as well, you should get those checked if you got worse after your second child. Plus once we get overwhelmed, we think to much about not feeling like ourselves and it makes it worse. If someone tells me to "just let it go" and makes me hold onto that awful feeling longer. I lead a busy life but lately have been leaving work to come home to my safe place for about an hour a day. I have been with the same company for 18 years but to me its still hard to do that. I, like you just want to feel normal. I said I dont even care about feeling great. I just ask for normal. My problem is I probably could feel alot better if I didnt have a fear of pills. I know that sounds stupid as that is something that will help me, but I am so afraid of feeling worse, cuz to me I am so bad right now I dont want to feel worse then I have been these past few weeks. Do you have yahoo messenger? If so I am Krissttea, perhaps we could chat there if you would like.

mommyof2
05-21-2012, 12:29 AM
People tell me I am not goin to turn into a schizo but that's one fear I have. I am also a hypochondriac and believe I have every disease out there. I would def try the lexapro it took a little while but it def helped me to feel like my normal self again. About five months ago before I started taking lexapro I could not do anything, I lost about 25 pounds cuz I couldn't eat I kept throwing up and I couldn't play with my kids or just even watch tv without having a panic attack. I could even sleep I would call me mom every night until I could fall asleep. Yeah I do have yahoo messenger but I can't remember my username. I can send you a massage on there. And as you can tell I am just like you and can't sleep either cuz of my anxiety :)