PDA

View Full Version : Hi

FedUp
05-20-2012, 08:21 AM
Hello! I am 34 and have been suffering with anxiety for as long as I can remember. Looking back I think I has panic attacks in Elementary school! Anyways, it is such a relief to know others suffer too. Always knew they did but this makes that fact real. Hoping to gain some ideas on how to control this monster and to share my stories.

fisher
05-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Hello and welcome,i have just joined, i suffer from feelings of anxiety and its nice knowing there are people who like yourself suffer to,we can support each other x

FedUp
05-20-2012, 04:08 PM
Hi fisher! It definetly does feel wonderful knowing there our other people out there that us going through the same thing that we are.

fisher
05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
How do you cope with your anxiety?how do you calm down?

FedUp
05-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Well I mostly talk to myself and try to breath. Sometimes this is easier said than done. If I am at work I put myself in a "time out" ( I am a director at a daycare center hence the " time out". In the past I have used Celexa and Prozac. I keep thinking about getting back on the Prozac but I hate meds cuz the side effects give me anxiety. After an attack I usually feel drained and just lay down for a bit. I don't have any great coping methods although I have read some great ideas on here!

FedUp
05-20-2012, 06:41 PM
Well I have no great solution. Normally I just try to talk myself out of it and breath. I will put myself in time out (I am a director of a daycare hence "time out") if I am in a situation where I can. Originally I was placed on Celexa, but then I eventually ended up on Prozac. Stopped taking that though when I decided to have a child. Haven't been on anything for 3 years but am thinking about asking doc for something again. Back and forth on that though because I hate medicine. I don't even take Tylenol because reading the side effects ( which I feel I must do) gives me anxiety. I have read some really good ways to cope on here though.

fisher
05-20-2012, 11:55 PM
My worst what gives me anxiety is feeling my heart goin fast,i get palps x

FedUp
05-21-2012, 11:21 AM
The first thing that happens to me is that I get hot and then my heart beats fast. Then of course I feel like I can't breath which makes my heart beat faster. I tend to get light headed a lot too. Sometimes just thinking about my symptoms makes them start!! It is a horrible condition to have and I don't think people realize what it is like no matter how they try.

fisher
05-21-2012, 12:34 PM
Well take me for instance,saturday i could feel my heart going fast after my breakfast and i started feelin all anxious and i had to go out with my partner shopping i felt so anxious heart racing but then sunday i was fine,today i have that feeling were my stomach is tight and feel like i am not breathin properly

Buttercup
05-21-2012, 01:12 PM
I too find that my heart rate used to trigger my anxiety. I'd feel my heart start to race and I'd go into panic mode. I now take beta blockers (one 80mg slow release tablet a day)which have helped so much with my heart- since day one of taking them my heart rate has been fine (no more racing heart, palpitations etc). I also worry about taking meds but was really at the end of my tether and was willing to try anything! I had no negative side effects and while the pills do not stop you getting anxious they do stop any symptoms related to your heart.

fisher
05-22-2012, 12:32 AM
thats good am glad,that prob would do me good but the only problem is as soon as i took it i would be scared of something happening to me plus i know everybody is different but just wondered because they lower your bp and mine is low anyway so i prob would faint but sayin that the doc knows what he is doin,and like you said if it is just your heart giving you anxiety they would be the best things to try,thanks for that x