PDA

View Full Version : Bipolar

blueeydhtty
05-18-2012, 07:27 PM
I think I am bipolar, I've taken 3 different anti depressants and none of them work. I got put on an anti psychotic because I was feeling so sad and it works like a charm! I have noticed now that I do go from happy to sad randomly. Is anyone here bipolar/or know how the treatment goes? I also have anxiety really bad & I don't know if it is just from being bipolar or not!

alankay
05-19-2012, 07:34 AM
Could be just a bit a Rapid Cycling that still exists despite the med. Maybe they need to add a mood stabilizing med or this could be normal for you if not too bad.

mommywoman
05-20-2012, 08:47 PM
I was diagnosed with bp 4 yrs ago. Been on 2 different antidepressants. The second one worked once dose was increased. Celexa (citalapram) 40 mg once a day. Put on mood stabilizer Lamictal (lamotrigine) 450mg a a day. Started on 150 them 300 then 450. Works great. I too was a rapid cycler I mean a really rapid cycler, like every 30 min. Manic episodes lasting 4 days or more after intro to meds. Then after Lamictal was increased to 450mg, I went a year without any manic episodes! I am not a happy manic as some people are. Some are full of energy and very "up". I am mean, argumentative, aggressive, etc so it was really important to get my moods leveled out. Hope this helps you.