PDA

View Full Version : I keep finding things out leading to MS and autoimmune diseases

Liam Fairley
05-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Please read all the way through before you comment..
Hi im new to this site and back in april I started having panic attacks because I smoked some synthetic cannabinoids. I have abused a lot of stimulants in the past also, I am now drug free and have been since the panic attacks. Anyways At first I would just have panic attacks like as if Im gonna die and breathing feels tight and warm rushes on my face and one time I had a really bad one in the hospital while I was waiting for an ECG (which came back okay) and my hands went purple.

I manged to beat my panic attacks and am no longer scared of them but two days ago I started to notice my hands were purple and it started my anxiety all over again (I thought no blood was getting to my arms) On that day I had a cup of tea and havnt had one since before the first panic attacks because I believed caffeine played a part in them. I stay clear of any stimulants fizzy pop or cigarrettes. Anyways my hands went purple and I got scared and later on they were not purple but went numb ( I was very paranoid) I then rang an ambulance thinking they would drop off in the morning. They told me it could be reynauds so I looked it up on the net and seen it could be caused by autoimmune diseases such as MS ad lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Right hand goes a darker purple than the left (right hand has been broken before and is funy shaped at the knuckles)

So then I began listing al the things I was feeling and looked up these symptoms and they all linked to an auto immune disease!

Here is some symptoms I have been having:
red blotches, numb hands and feet, burning feet, face and ears feel warm, bones started clicking, bones in chest click when I breathe in (maybe this is caused by constant tension in chest muscles from having anxiety?), loss of balance, loss of appetite, lost a stone (weight), muscles ache sometimes and feel weak, palpitations, neck goes tense for a second, throat burning, diorhea (only last few days), vomiting, sweating when going to bed, purple skin, skin that seems yellow, belly and chest hurts when I sneeze or cough (could also be caused by tense muscles?), lately I have noticed visual snow but not bad and dont know if its always been like this or not (only see it when looking at painted wall or in dark. not outside or in mid air), last night I had double vision just before a panic attack.

All these symptoms come up as a immune disease and its scaring me.
Can these all be caused by anxiety? Ive had blood tests today and they come back in a week so ill keep you updated.

Also I was given 7 days of diazepam one 5mg a day and when I finished those 7 days I couldnt sleep and my sleeping pattern got messed up. I got given amtriptyline to help me sleep and for my 'depression'.

Also when I try to sleep at night scary faces pop up when I shut my eyes is this just intrusive thoughts?
Please someone who knows a lot about this give me a real answer to what my symptoms sound like. My anxiety has got really bad over the last two days I thought I had beaten it.
I know my heart is fine as I have had 4 ECGs since they started! lol! My mind is just finding any reason to say im dying!
I am usually a person that eats loads! and Im not even hungry anymore Iv been hardlies eating. I have been off work for two weeks maybes its the time alone tht ha made me get worked up.
Also I have been reading a lot of things on the internet and thats what has sparked all my worries off by reading them but all these symptoms and my mam says its no good to read things on the internet.
I work as a paint and decorator so I use my hands and arms a lot (rolling, lifting) and also sand walls so I could breathe bad dust in.
Im 17 years old so my mind is easy misled. Maybes there is something wrong maybes theres not. But the internet says different with all these symptoms linking up.

Anyone got an explanation?

j2005
05-17-2012, 12:30 PM
You have to stop researching your "illnesses"

Write down all of these symptoms and go see a doctor; if he/she says you are fine.

If you are fine, then start facing the cause and resolution of the anxiety....of course, this forum is here to help so let us know,y

James

Liam Fairley
05-17-2012, 12:36 PM
You have to stop researching your "illnesses"

Write down all of these symptoms and go see a doctor; if he/she says you are fine.

If you are fine, then start facing the cause and resolution of the anxiety....of course, this forum is here to help so let us know,y

James

I have... It was an indian doctor and when I read out these symptoms she just dismissed them and said aha aha and didnt put them on the sytem. I got a blood test taken and urine samples. I find out next week for my blood test. Thanks for your reply. Also anyone else care to comment on what this could be?

Wendy woo
05-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I have... It was an indian doctor and when I read out these symptoms she just dismissed them and said aha aha and didnt put them on the sytem. I got a blood test taken and urine samples. I find out next week for my blood test. Thanks for your reply. Also anyone else care to comment on what this could be?

You must stop researching on the internet, I say this from experience...I used to google every thing , finally I think I have dysautonomia which is an autoimmune disorder, but my dr says NO... I have anxiety and depression...they all have similar symptoms .. You have to stop looking for things that are wrong.. Try to stay calm...I do meditation classes and that helps me. I am a lot older than you though, so it's a bit different but you need to chill and look after yourself,take each day at a time and enjoy life!

Mad Hatter
06-03-2012, 06:59 AM
I agree with Wendy woo. I suffer with anxiety related to getting sick/dying and have spent countless hours googling my symptoms and the different diseases/disorders that I might have.
I believe that this only enforced my anxiety and made my symptoms worse. If the internet is right, I apparently have every disease in the book!