PDA

View Full Version : Financhial worries

Amy1986
05-17-2012, 06:35 AM
What do we do when we run out of money, no government support and no one to rely on, I'm screwed!!! Another thing to add to this stupid worry!!

Need someone to help. :'(

Buttercup
05-17-2012, 09:39 AM
Hi there,
I am in a crap situation financially too. I have been off work with my anxiety for a few months now. I only get statutory sick pay (about £75 a week). I applied for other benefits and got a letter stating that the law says I only need £71 a week to live on. It's a bloody joke!! my mortgage, bills etc are more than double that let alone buying food. I am running up credit card bills and having to borrow from my family just to survive. I'm not even using the heating at the moment because it is too expensive. I have worked and paid taxes for years only to be told f*** off, you don't need financial assistance. Due to my situation I am doing all I can to get better and am returning to work in 2 weeks even though I do not feel well enough. I do feel let down by the system but there is nothing I can do about it.
Sorry for the rant! But I feel your pain and am in the same boat x

larmer
05-17-2012, 10:35 AM
hello, i know what ur going through being out of work 4 years this year sick of not having work. it s difficult because my husband in same situation. :(

Amy1986
05-17-2012, 10:57 AM
How do you and your husband stay strong? My fiancé is also an anxious person too and sometimes it's do hard when we're both having a bad mental health day so to speak.

Buttercup- feel awful for you!!! That's so unfair, you shouldn't have to work if you don't feel better enough for it.

brittany09
05-17-2012, 04:00 PM
You will get to the point where you can work again! Don't worry about that. Until then just focus on getting better and be happy your getting help. I know what you mean by financial troubles though,I have had bad anxiety for a few months and am unable to work. It's been hard getting caught up since my boyfriend has been out of work all winter and I didn't have a job either,but when my boyfriend is working regularly he makes enough so we don't have to worry about me working but I still wish I could!