PDA

View Full Version : All night attack

wendywooh
05-17-2012, 04:26 AM
hi all

does anyone else suffer from all night attacks.

i had one last night that started whilst i was watching a film and then it continued all night, i calmed myself down and then another attack would start and this morning i feel so drained and tired and my stomach is in knots.

i really hope the meds that to Dr prescribed me kick in soon

larmer
05-17-2012, 10:41 AM
Hey Wendy, this happened to me i used to wake up and my heart would be pounding, i would get my self into a state. i have 6 panic attacks that night it is very tiring because u feel unwell then after. To be honest prescribed drugs will not work it will just help control the symptom but deep down u really have not dealt with the attacks. I would go see a counselor that what im doing i really helps. keep a journal about your panic attacks when they come on what are the symptoms. The writing helps because u keep track of the attacks ans u will see a pattern. hope u get better :)

j2005
05-17-2012, 07:59 PM
Wendy,
What are you doing to work through your anxiety?

What is your plan when a panic attack hits?

Important questions,
James

wendywooh
05-18-2012, 05:01 AM
i started a course of 20mg of citolopram on monday and have an assessment with a psychologist next week. the citolopram seems to have heightened the anxiety at the moment though and i have an even worse feeling that something is in my throat and i am very anxious all of the time but i believe that is a side effect and will only be for about 2 weeks

when an attack starts i try to control my breathing and think nice thoughts.

j2005
05-24-2012, 01:09 PM
You should plan a time you will get off of meds and begin a road to healing. Let me know how the psych visit goes
James

tdw
05-24-2012, 02:53 PM
Hi Wendy

I have had all night attacks before and have not been able to sleep. I have an app that I use that speaks affirmations that helps me to relax and get some sleep. I've also taken sleeping pills, but this is not on a regular basis only in extreme cases.

Hope you get better