PDA

View Full Version : Random new fears developed from my anxiety disorder

internetfamous
05-16-2012, 11:48 AM
So ive had GAD for about two years now. i try to stay positive for the most part and its been ok for the past few months. there is just one problem though.
i used to be able to drive everywhere and now i cant seem to drive on a freeway unless ive been on it before and the worst thing is i cant do high freeway ramps. i also used to be able to go on a plane but now the thought of it terrifies me. its crazy because ive never been scared of these things and now i am and i get very uncomfortable thinking about it. i also find my anxiety totally gone when im drunk or at a party. i am totally in my comfort zone and the anxiety is totally gone. with that, i decided to go to a doctor for meds. before i go into this, i want to say i totally hate meds and i always believed in my body overcoming anything wihtout the help of them. i took ativan for three days and felt great but then i stopped because i didnt want my body depedning on it. the fourth day was madness, i thought i was going to die but then after i p[ulled through and felt pretty good. some days are better than others and other days just suck. basically, i just want to know if anyone else has this driving/ flying on a plane fear and how to really overcome it.

kmarie30
05-16-2012, 03:58 PM
So I'm trying to understand GAD. It started with an ear problem but now I have a constant weird feeling like dizzy floaty rocky and rushed all the time unless I take .5 of an Ativan. I'm not depressed but am coming to terms that this may be just how my gad affects me. It's out of my control. I can't make myself feel normal when I'm so pumped up with these feelings. They come out of nowhere and stays with me all day. People say breath but no breathing calms it. I either take the Ativan or sit in a ball o. Edge all day. Is this just how gad is ?