PDA

View Full Version : Rhodiola Rosea

clyde22
05-15-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi. I'm looking to add an herbal supplement to my current anti-anxiety medicines. I heard about Rhodiola Rosea and was wondering if anyone else knows if it's worth trying. I have GAD. Thanks!

JaneB
05-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Hi. I'm looking to add an herbal supplement to my current anti-anxiety medicines. I heard about Rhodiola Rosea and was wondering if anyone else knows if it's worth trying. I have GAD. Thanks!

I tried rhodiola for a little while. Jeeze I've tried many things for a little while. It seemed to help for a bit and then it just sort of tapered off. I don't really think there's any one ingredient that's the best one. What I take is a supplement called Tranquilene (tranquilene.com). It has a lot to it though, B Complex, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Theanine, Tryptophan, Passionflower and a bunch of others. So far that's the only herbal supplement that's helped me consistently. Good luck in your search!

clyde22
05-16-2012, 02:29 AM
I tried rhodiola for a little while. Jeeze I've tried many things for a little while. It seemed to help for a bit and then it just sort of tapered off. I don't really think there's any one ingredient that's the best one. What I take is a supplement called Tranquilene (tranquilene.com). It has a lot to it though, B Complex, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, Theanine, Tryptophan, Passionflower and a bunch of others. So far that's the only herbal supplement that's helped me consistently. Good luck in your search!

Thanks for the info. I really appreciate it. :)

Tracisixx
07-17-2012, 09:44 PM
I have GAD and rhodiola has helped me tremendously. I can breathe perfectly at the gym (without gasping for gulps of air because I was sure I "wasn't breathing"), wake up refreshed, fall asleep easily, and go about the day with a pep in my step. I've seen the most evidence of rhodiolas improvements when I forgot to take it a few days in a row- I was back to my miserable down in the dumps self along with my first panic attack that left me sick to my stomac in God knows how long. Rhodiola is absolutely worth a shot, I highly recommend it!! (I take 500/mg a day, two pills in the morning that I dissolve in my tea). Hope this helps someone