PDA

View Full Version : Cervical arthrosis...darn

Jeordie
01-21-2007, 05:21 AM
The only doctor I care about supposes I have cervical arthrosis. He told me it's a bad thing since I'm only 24, but although he didn't give me a definite diagnosis, he believes I have the signs of that.

In all these months of scanning all the illnesses in the world and believing I have them all, I never thought I might have cervical arthrosis.

I'm googling around without finding much resources helping me with that. Do any of you have experience or knowledge about this condition? And mostly, do you know how I can heal?
I want to heal! Seriously!

Until now, I'm trying to keep my neck warm. I'm not a scarf freak though, so I hang around with my neck catching all the humidity a lot. This might contribute to the pain.
Also, I work at the computer a lot and, anxiety-related, I have a lot of tension in the neck and shoulders. I wish I knew how to relax those muscles...I try hard...but they're still stiff...

Bending on my knees and praying the gods to nurture me with the waters of their healing.

jitters
01-21-2007, 11:49 AM
Try muscle tension and release therapy.

One at a time first tense then relax each of the major muscle groups working up from the feet hold for a few seconds then release. when you get to the head hold to on side and relase then the other then roll your head in a circle.

This can help.

jitters
01-21-2007, 11:53 AM
As for cervical arthrosis how old are you if you are under forty it is unlikely. The only treatment I know of is a neck brace this relieves the neck of the weight of your head, giving the cartalige time to recover. :|

Sorry I dont have many answers to this one.

Duncan