PDA

View Full Version : So my doctor is sending me to a cardiologist

anxietykidd
05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
I went into the doctors today because I've. Been feeling really dizzy all day for 7 days now like stuff is moving when I know it's not or I feel like I'm on a boat... Then he checks my heart beat and tells me my in a 1 minute period my heart beats really fast and the next seconds my heart starts beating slow... And he doesn't know why... So he's sending me there... I don't know what to think right now and I'm kinda scared...

trinidiva
05-14-2012, 07:25 PM
I got referres to a cardiologist due to having an abnormal EKG. They will probably do a cardiac stress test...which will test your heart at rest, and then they will have you walk or run on a treadmill and look at your heart after exercise. If there are any issues, they can let you know right then and there. After doing that, the cardiologist told me everything was fine....I had totally stressed myself out for no reason......lol. I'm hoping all goes well for you.

anxietykidd
05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
Does your heart ever race and then stop racing and go slower then goes back to racing

Buttercup
05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
I know you must be scared but the doc is taking precautions which is great. Hopefully the tests will put your mind at ease and you might get medication to regulate your heart rate. Our hearts do funny things especially when we are anxious. I take beta blockers to regulate my heart rate as I had the same problem as you. All tests showed heart was fine and it was a symptom of my anxiety.
Good luck and I'm sure you will be fine x

PanicCured
05-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Buttercup if your symptoms are caused by anxiety then why are you taking heart medication such as beta blockers?