PDA

View Full Version : Prozac and chamomile?

Beautiful Disaster
05-14-2012, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone.

Is there any issue with drinking chamomile tea while on Prozac? I'm on 60mg, which I take in the morning (if that makes a difference). My anxiety has been getting better lately and I'm trying to wean off the .5mg Ativan I take in the evening. Basically I don't feel the NEED to take it like I did before, but I'm still taking it as a precaution because I'm afraid I'm going to wake up having a panic attack (since that has happened to me in the past). I was hoping maybe drinking chamomile tea at night instead would help me and get me off the Ativan.

P.S. Does anyone make it in a Keurig brewer, or do you just use teabags? Any suggestions?

alankay
05-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Chammomile and prozac are fine together. No problem there. Use "Sleepytime" eats in bags(they have chamomile in them) :)Alankay

Beautiful Disaster
05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks, alankay!

I noticed that they also have Sleepytime Extra with Valerian Root in it. Now would that be ok to take with Prozac? I'm assuming I should just stick to the regular Sleepytime tea.

Last night I took a sleepaid (since I haven't been sleeping well) instead of the regular .5mg of Ativan. It definitely helped me sleep better, but for my brain kept trying to psych me out!!!! Since I knew I hadn't taken the Ativan I was trying to make myself anxious... but I was able to stop it before it turned into anything really bad. Grrrrr... i hate anxiety!!!!