PDA

View Full Version : Dont believe the doctor

Aimee1
05-13-2012, 09:23 AM
okay so i have health anxiety and everything but recently i had swollen glands, sore throat and earache, and then i noticed a tiny little lump right at the back of my throat. obviously i had many mental breakdowns that i had mouth cancer before i finally got a doctors appointment. he said that i had tonsillitis and that the lump was because of the infection and gave me some antibiotics. and then red lumps started coming on the back of my tounge, and i also have indegestion and a feeling that a hair is at the back of my throat. i havent taken my antiobiotic im going to start tomorrow, could it be an infection. or has the doctor maybe overlooked something serious??

bhamlaxy
05-13-2012, 11:06 AM
Trust your doctor. It's tonsilitis. Take your antibiotics.

Aimee1
05-13-2012, 01:00 PM
hey i did try telling him i was worried about this lump, but he just said yeah its from the infection and i started to try and tell him about my anxiety and he said oh theres nothing i can do and you can only talk about one more thing for a appointment :/

fresh
05-14-2012, 05:45 AM
You should trust the docs judgement and not be worrying I know its hard but I had to overcome this as part of anxiety managment

fresh
05-14-2012, 05:46 AM
You should trust the docs judgement and not be worrying I know its hard but I had to overcome this as part of anxiety management