PDA

View Full Version : Home causing anxiety??

megamerbear
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
So I have not had anxiety in over a week! The feeling of being normal was great. Today on the other hand, is different. I was in the grocery store an got a dull pain on my rib and of course, I think I'm dying. I also got cold sweats and then super hot. I'm only 28 so I know it's not menopause:) After the feeling passed, I was back to normal until I came home. Now I feel as if my house causes my anxiety. I hate being alone and any pain or weird feeling I get, I think I'm dying. It is horrible. I just want to curl in my bed and sleep, but I know I will be afraid to actually fall asleep. I have some hydrocodone I may take. I just hope it can relax me.

Aimee1
05-11-2012, 04:44 AM
hey i found this post very interesting as for some reason my anxiety seems to stem from my house when im alone too, and i start to panic and then like you i think im dying by the symotons of anxiety i get. I find im much better when im surronded by friends and family and was wondering if your anxiety was less when your around people. I know alot of people suffer from anxiety when they are with people or when they go out but for me its the opposite, i have to be with my friends to feel safe, and the thought of going home by myself makes me anxious and i too am afraid to fall asleep. sorry i couldnt give much advice as i still suffer from it was just wondering if it was the same for you ?

megamerbear
05-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Yeah I seem to do better with people. It's like a fear of being alone at my house. It's weird because I would think being surrounded by people would make it worse. I find myself pacing up and down my hallway when I am alone. I also sleep better during the day. When I notice it getting dark out, I get super anxious. I'm not afraid of the dark so I think it's just sleeping alone. I think a lot of the anxiety comes from being in a new place. I am from Spain and moved to Texas. Nothing is the same here. I just want to feel normal.

Rgib95
05-11-2012, 12:24 PM
Living alone can sometimes cause anxiety and panic attacks because of the sensation of isolation. Do you have any pets? One that you can interact with like a dog or cat? Sometimes that can help. Also, when you get home, do you tend to just sit on the couch, eat, and watch tv? If you are bored, you mind will wander and stimulate the isolation in the back of your mind even if you are caught up in a movie or a show you like. Whenever I start to feel anxiety at home, I go for a brisk walk or clean house. It's just my way of keeping my mind on something else. Don't know if it's something you would do, but a wii can give plenty of low impact exercise and create a nice distraction at the same time if you don't have a pet.

Just some thoughts...

Hope all gets better.

megamerbear
05-11-2012, 12:33 PM
I do haw two dogs that keep me entertained. I also rarely sit down and watch tv. I keep busy in my garden and doing house work. I have a daughter but she is at school most of the day. When she goes to bed is when I feel lonely. I really try to stay busy. There are just days where I have no energy or and just so tired from not sleeping the night before. I try not to nap. I think lack of sleep and my husband being gone for months at a time has taken its toll.