PDA

View Full Version : Why do I feel exceptionally tired when I wake up?

Jeordie
01-19-2007, 02:59 AM
I am trying to change my life. It has become such a shit that I've decided I have to do something determined in order to change. One of these things - apart from getting rid of caffeine and changing sports - is my night-day clock. I used to go to sleep at 3 am and wake up around 11 or 12 am, and I felt it would be good to live the mornings again. To wake up sooner.

I've started doing this about a week ago, but hey, it's not easy. I am doing it - I went to sleep at midnight thirty yesterday and woke up today at 9.30 am - that's fine enough to me, as soon as I can do stuff by morning. I'm happy with this change, it is helping me in my change plan, but why do I feel awfully TIRED and UNRESTED when I wake up?

I went to sleep with tired limbs, arms and legs, and they still are exactly the same. It's not the kind of tiredness I had before - the one that would let my alarm clock ring at 10 am, and then I would snooze it, and wake up naturally at 12, feeling a bit better but still tired. Now I WANT to wake up earlier, but it's like my body can't stand it. It's different than before, but not what I want.

Do I need more rest? Can this tiredness be provoked by poor sleep? Anxiety? The body adjusting to the change (does it take weeks??)? What can I do? I don't wanna sleep till 12 am again!!! I need to get off this!! But I need to feel rested, too! 'Cause otherwise I feel like I'm going to collapse when I do my morning jog...

You guys save me.

jitters
01-19-2007, 03:37 AM
Sleep is an interesting issue with anxiety too much and you feel tired and restless, too little and you feel tired and down. Actually you should aim for around 7-8 hrs a night but everyones different. As for the times you sleep research has shown that we all have different natural body clocks. At one extreme their are people like you and me, who can stay awake all night but cannot get up in the AM. Night People. At the other extreme are those who naturally jump out of bed first light but fall asleep early evening. Morning PPeople. Unfortunatly non of us can stick to these natural routines so the morning people have to stay up late somtimes and Night people have to get up early sometimes. Strange huh? I think everyone knows which they are I wonder if all anxiety sufferers are naturally night people and this causes our malfunction.

Duncan :yawn:

Jeordie
01-19-2007, 06:14 AM
I wonder if being a "night person" is more an acquired vice than my natural body clock. When I was a kid I woke up early, when I went to school I had to and although I felt sleepy and I would have preferred sleeping a little more in the morning, it would never be till 12 AM. That was non-sense to me!

I started going to sleep late when I had my first panic attacks and they were going to happen at night, so I was too afraid to go to sleep and stayed up until 3 am.

So I might well believe getting back to be a morning person means getting closer to my natural body clock which has been "intoxicated" by anxiety over time.

What do you think? It could be easy to fall in this trick and just believe one is a night person when actually is the neurosis making us such...

jitters
01-19-2007, 06:24 AM
Possibly but then its not my theory but that of the scientists, I do have a friend who is completly the opposite to me so who knows. :)

stressedntexas
01-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I work at a Sleep Apnea clinic while going to school. I've seen people with apnea so sever that it causes them to wet the bed at night. If you don't breathe like you should, your body's oxygen level drops to dangerous levels which could cause you to lose slight control (depending on the severety) certain functions. Above all, even though you're sleeping, your body is not at rest. Ask someone that has observed your sleeping patterns if you snore, have abnormal breathing patterns or even stop breathing, leg movement, wake up several times in the night, etc. There are also insomnia associations with sleep apnea. Some with sleep apnea have even been misdiagnosed with add, adhd, etc. We have patients that have been on the cpap machine at night and said that woke up the next day feeling like they were on speed. Their body finally rested.
Look into it it may help.

Ugitverit
01-19-2007, 09:22 AM
good advice

blur
01-20-2007, 08:16 AM
being tired is a good thing...
it helps with anxiety

Sociald
03-14-2008, 07:31 PM
I work at a Sleep Apnea clinic while going to school. I've seen people with apnea so sever that it causes them to wet the bed at night. If you don't breathe like you should, your body's oxygen level drops to dangerous levels which could cause you to lose slight control (depending on the severety) certain functions. Above all, even though you're sleeping, your body is not at rest. Ask someone that has observed your sleeping patterns if you snore, have abnormal breathing patterns or even stop breathing, leg movement, wake up several times in the night, etc. There are also insomnia associations with sleep apnea. Some with sleep apnea have even been misdiagnosed with add, adhd, etc. We have patients that have been on the cpap machine at night and said that woke up the next day feeling like they were on speed. Their body finally rested.
Look into it it may help.

I go for a sleep study this thursday myself. Last month my sleep has got really bad. Tired all day,,,, last couple weeks I wake up alot. I will wake up wide wake at 3am and its annoying....

I do snore a lot. My wife has to sleep on couch.

I am hoping this might possible be a root to my anxiety/depression I have had to deal with over the years. I can hardly wait.

tomtom666
03-15-2008, 07:48 PM
Its clear sign of magnesium deficiency - and its worth to mention that magnesium deficiency ALWAYS lead to anxiety