PDA

View Full Version : its like you have to relearn everything

blur
01-19-2007, 01:23 AM
for me its everyday little things like walking, moving through a crowd and knowing where to look,
even focusing on an object can be a task

i struggle with doing the simpliest things... like lifting a heavy box off the ground.. doing it repeatly.. one lift is never the same as the next. maybe im a perfectionist or OCD

do i blink too much or too little? i dont know

jitters
01-19-2007, 03:47 AM
Dont worry these are common anxiety symptoms. You are definatly not alone I dont suffer with the eyecontact thing but my wife does. I have slight OCD and pefectionism. For example whenever I get coloured sweet I have to order them first into same coloured piles then, into even numbers if for example I have 4 piles of 6 the and one of 5 I will eat one off all but the five to even the piles out. I will then eat one off each pile at a time keeping things equal. :?

See even everyday tasks become very complex. But dont worry you can recover, Apparently ;). In the mean time we are here.

Duncan

stressedntexas
01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
When I pour a bag of baked lays on my plate or a sandwich wrapper from a sub shop, I have to eat them in size order. I sort out all of the whole chips, and then leave the crumbs and broken pieces to the side. Then, I eat the smallest of the crums to the biggest of the broken pieces before I start on the whole chips. Then I eat the whole chips from smallest to biggest. :?

blur
01-19-2007, 03:51 PM
yeah.. its uncomfortable eating in front of people..
french fries are tricky.. i eat those one at a time.. rarely a bunch. if one of the fries a broken i set that aside and eat that later. its all about everything goin smoothly.. its performance anxiety

jitters
01-21-2007, 11:26 AM
I do that with potato chips too maybe its a common trait... :yum:

Duncan

Fear
01-22-2007, 02:59 AM
I personally need to do things all in a certain way.If not I don't like it.I think I'm a perfectionist.And I try to plan things for what I can.If it would depend on me,I would make lists of everything.I forget things.I try to prepare in advance as better as I can for everything,but then it's just all different.There's always something I didn't planned and when it happens I feel lost.I need to control.

stressedntexas
01-22-2007, 09:16 PM
I do the same. When I make a mistake at work, I feel like quitting. :lol: It's like i think to myself, "Oh, great! Now, they think I'm incompetant!" I hate to make mistakes.

I have a to do list everyday and have to make sure it stays neat. If not, I re-write it. Needless to say, my condition makes me a difficult time manager-hence the stress I guess because I always come through.

I think it's amazing how similar we all are. I love it!

jitters
01-23-2007, 02:57 AM
I did that for years I just couldn't stand the critsism if I made a mistake I would genuinly believe I was going to get the sack. The irony is when the anxiety made me really sick and I basically had a breakdown. They just wouldn't let me go, after nine months I quit out of guilt. Our perceptions are not reality, the boss would walk past without saying hello and by lunch time I thought I was going to get the sack. Not oh he must be busy... If only I'd realised what was wrong.

Duncan

MoneyBags
01-24-2007, 06:31 PM
...blur I have a near same problem.. it's like I have to relearn everything from scratch.. learning things, talking, walking, paying attention, eating normally, and I just it's so hard to deal with.. so whatever you're going through I know somewhat what it feels like.. it's just one step at a time i guess..