PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with Zoloft?

aesnoke
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Hello I've been on 50 mg daily for about 5 months, they tried to up my dose but it made my anxiety completely out of control. But somedays when I forget to take it, I kinda think I do better then the days I take it. What are your experiences?

alankay
05-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Zoloft helped me but it gave me the munchies(not all get that). I was on 50mg(the base dose). Try raising it very slowly. Ask your doc for 25mg samples or to rx the 25 mg tabs(in addition to the 50mg tabs) and take 1 50mg and 1/2 a 25mg tab(62.5mg) for a few weeks then go 75mg by taking a 50mg tab and a 25mg tab and hold there. You might also take 50mg in the AM and the 12.5(1/2 a 25mg) at dinner. Do that for a few weeks then go to 50mg in the AM and then 25 mg a dinner(75mg). Slowly go to 100mg per day in this way and hold there for a few months and reevaluate. By slowy raising the dose you'll miss most of the side effect of temp. increased anxiety. Splitting the dose by AM and dinner will help keep blood levels from peaking so much and minimize side effects. Ask your doc about this scenario. PM me any time. Alankay.

aesnoke
05-08-2012, 07:51 AM
Ty so much

trinidiva
05-08-2012, 02:54 PM
I am only in my 5-6 day of taking Zoloft....I'm on only 5mg, after having a bad experience on other meds...I guess I'm hypersensitive to meds. It's been going well so far minus one day when I had some nausea and dirreah. I just get really tired after I take it. No major change in my anxiety, just slightly but I'm not sure if that is just a placebo effect. It's definitely treating me a lot better than Lexapro though.