PDA

View Full Version : Needing reassurance

lblanchard
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
I feel like I have done well the past few weeks with my anxiety. Putting it out of my head but yesterday I got really sick w a stomach virus and now all I can think about is what if it is something more. My chest hurts. I keep getting pain in my left arm and I'm trying to tell myself it's just anxiety but I can't make my mind realize it. In the past few months I have had numerous ekgs and blood clotting tests. I even had a holiter monitor and everything looked good. Why can't I just realize its not a heart attack or a blood clot and that I am healthy. Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to calm myself down. Thanks in advance

PanicCured
05-07-2012, 05:20 PM
Your heart results are great and you still have anxiety from it. It just goes to show that no amount of tests and reassurance can cure your anxiety. This is good insight to have. Would you liek to go back to the doctor and do more tests and get the same results? If all you have is a stomach virus then that is what you have.

My advice is not to feed the fear. You have fear. Don't add 2nd fear on top of it and let it ride itself out. You can't fight it. Just let it go and say Fuck it! Smile and go for a walk. Laugh at yourself. Think how ridiculously funny this all is. All these tests including blood clotting tests over nervousness. Have a laugh at it all. Go take a yoga class and stretch all your tense muscles.

Anxiety is a bluff. You got to out bluff the bluff.

lblanchard
05-07-2012, 05:41 PM
Thank you for your answer it brought a smile to my face :-) I know how silly it is and your right it's good to take a step back and laugh