PDA

View Full Version : Silly Question

gem
05-06-2012, 04:31 PM
Illy question I know but WHAT EXACLY IS ANXIETY??? I asked my therapist once & she seemed clueless ... when my private therapist & doctors have told me you have anxiety I been like. Ok Wat is that all I feel I have is worry worry endless worry is that anxiety?

Amy1986
05-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Isn't it anxiety when normal worry turns into something that starts effecting you life physically or emotionally?

gem
05-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Oh so it is basically worry then? Lol ok then hell yea I got that bad :/ x

alankay
05-06-2012, 05:10 PM
It's an abnormal state where the normal fear response is triggered and happens to such a degree(long and/or often enough) it interferes with normal life, work and/or family and interpersonal functioning. It then often results in phobic avoidance and gets worse from that. It stems from too much worry and negative thinking/feelings but that is a very short and concise definition. It's simply a state of significant distress for no real reason. Alankay

gem
05-06-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanx that makes a lot of Sence with having ocd too it's never ending .. Also I seem to have a lot of anxiety with certain things I watch horror films/ programmes on murder/violence/prisons if I watch sumthing like that I get that scared it just makes me cry/shake if I think about it too much so is that anxiety too?

gem
05-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Thank you kev a lot of help that was :) xx