PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone' heart beat fast for hours, is that apart of panick?

Kaleya
05-05-2012, 01:27 PM
I have anxiety and panick attacks, but that is when I experience the rapid heart, but sometimes afterward when I am not panicky I get rapid heart beats that last a long time and after so long, I am panicking again. Is that apart of the anxiety panick attacks?

Buttercup
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
This is such a common symptom and the reason why a lot of folk are on beta blockers (including myself). They slow down and regulate the heart rate.
I know what a horrible feeling it is to have a fast heart rate and how worrying it can be. If you find that relaxation techniques don't bring it down then maybe see your doctor about beta blockers.

Kaleya
05-05-2012, 03:29 PM
I am having racing heart right now at 118 per minute non stop. I feel okay but a little light headed. i am trying to calm myself down so I am breathing in a pillow. It may be panick attack or anxiety attack and I am a little bit shakey.

PanicCured
05-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I am not a doctor or a cardiologist but I have some knowledge. 118 per minute is NOT that fast and not dangerous! That is light cardio exercise. On a good cardio workout I get to 130s and on interval sprints I get past 160. And that is all considered healthy. But I'd advise getting an EKG and an ultrasound Echocardiogram and get your heart checked out just in case. There is such things as Atrial fibrillation but those can get way past 200 beats per minute. Many people have them for many years and they are still alive. What you want to do is find out if it is anxiety and if it isn't, If it is anxiety than you know you don't need medication, you just need to heal the anxiety, which you surely can do.

I don't know why you are breathing into a pillow. I have mastered stopping panic attacks. Please read my thread how to stop them and see if this helps. If this works, then you most likely are just suffering from adrenaline released from anxiety. http://anxietyforum.net/forum/showthread.php?9512-The-Quick-Guide-to-Stopping-Panic-Attacks

Try it and let me know.

JDizzle
05-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Happens to me all the time when I smoke weed and am having a panic attack.
You can feel it throughout your body for agesssss yeah? Dw, you're not alone. It really sucks.

miss_mac666
05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
anxiety makes our bodies have so many differant symptoms. it sucks so bad. my heart beats really fast for hours too.
this site has helped alot too. usually when im feeling "panicky" i come one here, see whos on. i go in the chat too, which most of the time people are in there. hang in there and feel free to pm anytime