PDA

View Full Version : New to this,but really need help

chubbs1878
05-03-2012, 12:11 PM
I am new to this forum and reading some of the threads I can relate to so much which is comforting to think I am not alone.

My problems all started in my youth but my cpn is treating me for a personality disorder and and anxiety disorder with orlanzapean and citrilpram for the anxiety.

However having tried all these mess I feel that I can't get rid of the anxiety feeling as the doctor won't give me diazepam because I have had a drug problem in the past which I find is terrible.

I was wondering if anyone has any good methods to get rid of this anxiety feeling, I have tried smoking mariijunia which does help but surely this isn't the answer.

I have consistent thoughts of suicide and consistent low moods, I was sectioned on a psychiatric unit for 3 months and since my release I haven't felt right????

I realise this is all a bit rough but I'm nervous about what I right and what you all may think of me, but please try and help me all advice is welcome

alankay
05-03-2012, 02:57 PM
I'd ask about lyrica for anxiety in you case. ALankay

jessy
05-04-2012, 01:45 AM
I think your doctor should be helping you !!!
If you need some help with your anxiety to control it slightly , you need diazapam to help , why can't your GP prescribe you a certain amount & see you regularly?
Just because you have taken drugs in the past , this should not mean you are not given the help you need .
I feel your pain & hope you feel a little better soon
Try & tell your GP how crippling your anxiety is
Hope you get some help :-) jessy

chubbs1878
05-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Thanks very much for both your replies, I have decided to speak to the advocacy service as I don't believe my cpn is doing right by me,

My partner see's me struggle with the anxiety but it's hard for her cause she has the kids to deal with too and I'm not much use at the moment

I also tend to sleep a lot and feel constantly run down life wasn't meant to be easy but I feel things take the Mick at the moment

Your advice is greatly appreciated and a breath of fresh air knowing people suffer the same as me

Paul

alankay
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Chubs, I agree 100% with Jessy. Some will docs will rx for a limited amount of benzos, make you come in more often and pick a good med for this case. Ask about clorazepate(tranxene), librium, serax(oxazepam), Prazepam(Centrax) as well as lyrica. These meds are used at time for folks for whom abuse is a potential. They are just less likely to be abuse because they either act a touch slower or longer and therefore lack any kind or marked feeling............which is what docs are afraid of some folks going for. Alankay

chubbs1878
05-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Thanks Alan, I will defo try to approach my doctor with these options I really need something to help with the anxiety.

What they don't realise is I have a positive effect to drugs, I feel like a man and feel like I can attack the day open ended. If that makes any sense.

I have seen the dual diagnosis consultant who has left it open ended like all the medical staff that try move me forward. I'm still waiting diagnosis they say tear treating me for a personalaity disorder, which I don't agree with but hey ho, anything at this time will help