PDA

View Full Version : Long time viewer, first time poster

azapolya
05-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Hey guys! I've been visiting this forum for about a year now (give or take a few months), but wanted to stop in an introduce myself. My issues are basically general anxiety disorder, but I have a huge issue with health anxieties as well. I'm just a monster worry wart. There are times when I can control my anxiety and times when I can't. Right now I'm having a hard time redirecting my focus, so i thought I'd come here and hang out with you guys and get a few pointers.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.
Kelly

Amy1986
05-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Hi Kelly

How are you today? whats mis-directing your focus, like has something happened i mean? so sorry, where are my manners, my name is amy, 26 years old and have very bad anxiety issues especially in situatons i cant control (transport, crowds, waiting rooms etc) are you on any meds? meditation would probably help you, so much power in just the way you breathe, also exercise has helped me tremendously.

hope you feel better soon

Amy

alankay
05-03-2012, 08:58 AM
Kelly, recongising you are a worry wort(like me) is big. Most are oblivious and can see no reason at all for their anxiety but really........................worry is at the heart of it. Recongising that is half the battle. Alankay

azapolya
05-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Hi Amy, thanks for your reply. Lately I've been having problems with speech - stumbling over words, or saying words in correctly. I know this is all part of my anxiety problems, and worrying about it doesn't do anything but make it worse. I'm not on any meds at this time, though I have been on several in the past - efexor, zoloft, and another but I can't recall the name of it at the moment. I have started walking and losing weight, which seems to help some, and have been considering yoga or some other method of relaxation. I've considered meditation, but I have small children, and quiet is not something that is found often in our house! :)

jessy
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
Hi everyone ,
I understand where you are coming from Kelly , I am also a bag of worry !!
I've suffered with anxiety for most of my life so I can usually handle it , not always though , there are times when it gets the better of me .
I think my anxiety is why I'm depressed .

:-/ jessy