PDA

View Full Version : Completely SICK of being anxious

NativeLady_2010
05-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Sooo, I'm goin on 5 months of being anxious EVERY SINGLE DAY. I am dealing with it the best I can. Breathing, relaxing, just pushing though everyday and existing, not living. Now that I have come on to this realization, where do I go from here? I want to live my life, honestly enjoy everyday, without that anxious, uneasy, "floating" "not real" feeling. How do I get rid of this? I have faced my pain of losing my brother and gma. I am allowing myself to grieve. I let the tears flow. I remember the good times and trust in the Lord .The only other thing bothering me is the fact that I am 29 years old. I hate that I am 29. I just feel like "whats the point"? More ppl I love will eventully die. More pain and grief is in the future. No one can stop that. I am doing what everyone says will "cure" me. Why isn't it working?

bhamlaxy
05-03-2012, 11:52 AM
I am doing what everyone says will "cure" me
Have you started therapy?

Have you seen a psychiatrist to see if medication would be beneficial?

Have you read any books or done any workbooks?

Have you changed your diet and tried to get more active?

Basil_art
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
When you keep thinking about how you feel and how to get rid of this - you getting far from a recover. What I understood from my four years experience of being anxious is that a good way out of this vicous cycle is the combination of medicine and cognitive behavorisl therapy. You can't get better until you stopped fighting to be a normal person again.

Kaleya
05-05-2012, 01:45 PM
It is hard to deal with the loss of a loved one, as I am still dealing with it. I learned to accept it, I have grieved, but I am still hurting. I think that is how my anxiety started all over again. I been dealing with it for some months and it's like all my inside thoughts turned into physical symptoms so that means that I am still dealing. I breathe, but I am still having anxiety and panick attacks, for me is just riding it out without any after effects. I want to go back to normal because I am not normal at all. I was told to laugh and surround yourself with positive people and think happy thoughts. All my body know is to be upset and sad and worry and my body does not know of happoness anymore. It is good to talk to people with the same problems because it can help you get better. I hope I get better soon. And same for you too.