PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and Exercise - One of the greatest solutions i have found

Dale King
05-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Hey Guys

So i just wrote a recent post on how exercise helps with dealing with anxiety. Truth be told it is one of the greatest pieces of advice i can give for overcoming anxiety.

You see the best thing about anxiety is that our brains are wired to reward us with endorphins once we exercise (these are the chemicals that can become addictive and produce gym junkies and fitness freaks) - not saying you have to become one of them but endorphins have great stress and anxiety bashing properties. They counteract the cortisol (stress hormone) levels when they are excessive. Not to mention exercise has immediate effects, including burning up all that adrenaline that you feel during periods of high stress or anxiety.

Alot of people who come to me for help, i help them develop a morning ritual that includes a good diet following exercise, and i have found that if they stick to it, it will drastically improve their mental health. I wish i knew that "being healthy" helps with mental health not just physical health when i was younger.

If you want to read a bit more about how to get yourself more relaxed with exercise and bash anxiety, head over to the blog post here:

endstressandanxiety.com/stress-and-exercise-part-1/

Hope this helps even just one person. Get out there and get active!

D

Lexie1425
05-02-2012, 02:31 PM
I've heard so many times that exercise helps tremendously. But yesterday I went to the gym for an hour and felt good during but last night and today I haven't been able to shake the anxiety. Is it just a coincidence or do I just need to keep exercising and hang in there and it will get better?

ohioren
05-02-2012, 02:36 PM
I workout every single day, about an hour in the morning and evening time but I am still anxious all day and never feel safe. I am also working out in order to drop a few pounds.