PDA

View Full Version : Anxious about being anxious

ohioren
05-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Anxious about being anxious. I am anxious all day long, 24/7.

Can anyone relate?

Beautiful Disaster
05-01-2012, 10:45 AM
It's been the story of my life the past 3 months. Very frustrating!

Buttercup
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Absolutely, it's such a vicious cycle. I feel like I am constantly on edge worrying about having a panic attack.

ohioren
05-01-2012, 10:51 AM
Agreed! It's been the story of my life for my whole life!! I had a mole of my neck and I was anxious it was skin cancer. A headache a brain tumor, a cut on my foot meant I was going to die, going to use a public restroom and getting AIDS from it, problems breathing meant I had lung cancer and would need a lung transfer.

Now I am just anxious about being anxious all day long anymore.

My doctor prescribed my klonopin which has helped, and I have been overcoming some things I have been anxious about. I workout everyday of the week, been riding my bike everyday as well, and I go out to clubs to dance.

Beautiful Disaster
05-01-2012, 10:54 AM
Does the exercise help you? How much/how long have you been on the klonopin? Agreed that it definitely helps, but it shouldn't be something used for too long. Did your doc talk to you about other possible long-term medications? SSRI's, etc?

ohioren
05-01-2012, 11:31 AM
I haven't talked to my doctor about that. The medication helps some, I have been doing everything like living normally, going out dancing, bike riding, friends, dinner, etc. I am anxious to talk about this too. It's like if my doctor asks me whats wrong I say my arm hurts when in reality my leg hurts, so they end up treating the arm when the leg is hurt.