PDA

View Full Version : Weird feeling

anxietykidd
04-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Can't help but think I have something wrong with me.... I haven't had a panic attack for a couple days now maybe a week and a half but still I feel dizzy and out of place like my vision and my body aren't working how I want it to... I have dizzy spells all day long and constant dizziness all day... And my body feels idk tight maybe or just nasty like I wanna just pass out... Like an all day fatigue ... Is this anxiety... I've had a routine blood test done where I had to fast for 24 hours then they drew blood I've had an MRI of my brain and I've had an EKG.... But nothing shows... Should I blame it on anxiety or should I get help... Or is this normal for anxiety.? Idk I hate this feeling... Should I trust the doctors and what they say or should I just give up.... And go crazy... Really need a repsponce that will get me on track and let me know if I'm going crazy with these feelings and pains around my chest and body

bec43
04-30-2012, 09:12 PM
Sounds like anxiety to me man. ive had the same problem of always thinking something is wrong with me, always fatigued, feeling of passing out, and vision problems and ive been to every doctor possible and they said i was ok. If something was really wrong with you they would know so take a deep breath and say to yourself that your not gonna die. Even though theres nothing "really" wrong with you still go see another doctor or psychiatrist to talk about possible anxiety. But gun to my head i say you definitely have anxiety. you'll get better!

leetbulldog
04-30-2012, 10:05 PM
hey man I know how that feels.. Worst feeling in the world.. I had MRI in my brain in 2009 .. CT scans, blood work, in n out of ERs a lot of times.. dizzy all the freakin time! I really have gave up man!! somedays I feel well somedays I have stomach problems, dizzy, foggy head ughh u name it man.. Hang in there bro..

leetbulldog
04-30-2012, 10:09 PM
5 years of this shitt man!!! I have self diagnosed myself from colon cancer to brain tumors to heart problems ughh.. if I would of had something wrong with me I would of been dead by now!! lol it's funny I say this and why I can't get this through my head!!?? :/ damn Anxiety/stress/depression!! :/

anxietykidd
04-30-2012, 11:17 PM
Man... I guess I just have to try to live with it... I don't wanna take meds...

Mike36
05-01-2012, 01:31 AM
Sounds like you've had all the medical tests. I have also been suffering from similar symptoms and have recently had a CT , MRI and ECG which have shown nothing immediately worrying (other than ongoing health problems that I'm already aware of).

If there's no medical cause (and it sounds like it's not as the tests you have had would show anything up). It sounds like the symptoms you describe are due to panic attacks. These very real physical symptoms are partly due to "over breathing" (breathing fast and shallow) which is unconscious and causes the body to take on too much oxygen which leads to the physical sensations if dizziness, chest pains, tingling etc.

A good way to overcome this is to practice consciously breathing in a slow shallow way for at least four minutes, four times a day. This works better if you practice regularly rather than do it when you feel at your worst although it can help then too.

Buttercup
05-01-2012, 03:15 AM
Feelings like that can totally be related to anxiety. Like many others I have struggled with feeling weird, unwell and not right and had various medical tests that show nothing is wrong. People can have very physical reactions to anxiety and a combination of medication and therapy can be very helpful. I understand you do not want to take meds but I was like that for awhile until it got to the point I couldn't live with it anymore and my depression got really bad due to these horrible feelings my anxiety gave me. I found taking an SSRI, beta-blocker and getting therapy to be very helpful although I do feel like I still struggle with feeling "funny" but not like I used to. Practicing breathing exercises and relaxation is also a great help but you have to be dedicated to doing it every day and that can be hard if you lack motivation and are depressed.
Good luck with it all and remember you are not alone and you can get through this.
B x

anxiousmess
05-01-2012, 03:48 AM
ooh definitely could be anxiety. i haven't had a panic attack in years....panic attacks where you feel the full on effects - can't breathe, lump in throat, pass out feeling, shaking etc.
i've had minor attacks, but i call them anxiety attacks, as they are nothing like panic attacks.

i used to think i was well because my panic attacks seemed to have stopped. i could never understand the feelings i was feeling. not for one second did i put it down to simple anxiety.
for years i struggled with lack of understanding on anxiety alone. i assumed anxiety and panic attacks were all in one.
even though i was diagnosed with anxiety - i never understood it.

jessy
05-01-2012, 07:26 AM
Anxiety causes so many physical symptoms , also medication can cause you to feel strange . I often feel out of breath , dizzy , eye sight all blurred , sick , tight chest , stomach pain , headaches , can't catch my breath .
Hang in there & try relaxation & breathing techniques . Also know your not going mad , and your not alone in your suffering :-)

anxietykidd
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM
Thanks guys I'll continue to read your threads as it has really helpped a lot... Yesterday I was just in a bad way of thinking