PDA

View Full Version : Here it comes again

megamerbear
04-30-2012, 02:43 PM
Out of nowhere I got a panic attack. I'm so sick of them. I try to breath and relax and just let it happen. It felt like a roller coaster going up and down. I feel somewhat normal now but I can feel it coming back. I feel as if I can't control myself. I don't know what go do. I am hoping writing this and reading other stories will help. I just needed to vent. And breath.....

bhamlaxy
04-30-2012, 03:09 PM
I would recommend talking to a doctor and getting a couple benzos- like ativan or xanax.

When I get that feeling that a panic attack is coming on, I take just a tiny amount of ativan (.5mg) and in 10-15 minutes things are smoothed out and stay fine for hours.

It may just be a temporary bandaid, but not having a panic attack is pretty damn nice, and it gives you more flexibility to focus on the causes and work on it.

megamerbear
04-30-2012, 03:17 PM
I was prescribed Xanax and other medications. I am trying to get pregnant and it can be harmful to take meds even while trying to conceive. And it is like a band aide. After having this problem for over 10 years, I need to find a better fix than just taking meds. I just keep telling myself breathe, breathe....