PDA

View Full Version : Exploding head syndrome

gem
04-28-2012, 04:46 AM
Mg I'm freaking out! Has anybody heard of this it happnd to me for the first tym lastnyt I was goin to sleep & all of a sudden I heard 2 huge bangs I jumped up and looked out my window nothing there! When I google it it brought up that omg that's exactly what it was has anybody done it iv did nothing but stress & worry (hypochondriac) for over a month could this be related?

Mysticsoul
04-28-2012, 09:07 AM
some medications cause this

gem
04-28-2012, 10:39 AM
I have started taking meds for congestion mabie that could be the cause also I read it could also be something to do with the inner ear & mine in blocked at the min very scary it was

PanicCured
04-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Oh I have totally had this many times in my life. It's completely crazy. I actually forgot about it until I read this post. Its like this huge POP in your head. I remember when I googled it and found a real thing a s"Exploding head syndrome" and I was like NO WAY! I haven't had it in a while and I don't know how I got rid of it. I used to have crazy falling asleep issues including feeling raped by spirits, frozen stiff but awake, feeling like I was leaving my body, struggle to breathe, I would feel like my head got slammed into a window and shattered through it then I'd wake up, etc. I am also a chronic lucid dreamer. These things just don't haunt me lek they used to but I would love to hear any information you have about these things because it is fascinating. I know reading before bed or excessive mental activity before bed could bring this stuff on.