PDA

View Full Version : Songs for Sufferers

jitters
01-16-2007, 04:40 AM
I was just posting on another thread and thought this could be fun.. Top songs for Anxiety and Depression sufferers. My songs would be...

Suicidal Dream - Silverchair
Mad World - Donny Darko
Always Look on the bright Side of life - Monty Python
Everybody Hurts - REM
Creep - Radiohead
Hurt - Nine Inch Nails (or the johnny cash cover)
Crazy - Knowels Barkley (if thats how you spell it)

You get the idea...

Duncan

Jeordie
01-16-2007, 08:34 AM
Zup compulsive poster.
That would be Gnarls Barkley. What did you type??

Creep and Everybody Hurts make my list. Also:

Destiny - Zero 7
Protection - Massive Attack
Don't Let It Bring You Down - Annie Lennox
Let Love Be Your Energy - Robbie Williams
Stronger - Sugababes
Starchild - Jamiroquai
Wise Up - Aimee Mann
Goodbye Stranger - Supertramp
The Prettiest Thing - Norah Jones
Dear Prudence - The Beatles
The Message - Nate James

V for Victor
01-16-2007, 09:00 AM
Germs - Weird Al

Actually, that song helps me loosen up and realize my obsessions are ridiculous! Whatever works, I say go for it!

jitters
01-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Thanks for the spelling correction :ack:

RumorHasIt
01-18-2007, 10:19 AM
7 Seconds - Panic Attack

jitters
01-19-2007, 03:17 AM
Or anything from Painc Attack or Panic at the Disco. :)

stressedntexas
01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Mobey-When it's cold I like to die. :unsure:

Jeordie
01-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Moby, Moby, Moby not Mobey. Why can't Americans spell? For God's sake I'm ITALIAN!!

stressedntexas
01-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Sorry.... :cry:

Jeordie
01-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Don't worry. It's ok. Forgive me for being a spelling freak. It's because I'm italian. And I like Moby.

blur
01-20-2007, 08:08 AM
any of elliott smith songs... none of his songs are really uplifting but you know hes there with you .. going through depression like many of us

Jeordie
01-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Generally my "rule" is: utterly depressive and angry song (Nine Inch Nails) when I feel panfully pissed, to make it acceptable. Thereafter, a sweet song to see the sweetness and humanity of it all, and think "it's ok. It will pass".

superdude49
02-15-2007, 01:24 AM
PINK FLOYD - COMFORTABLY NUMB

any of the floyd's albums. dudes were deep!

juliana
02-15-2007, 01:36 AM
Panic by The Smiths

Anxiety by The Ramones

I Wanna Be Sedated by The Ramones

Stagefright by The Band

juliana
02-15-2007, 01:38 AM
One more:

Clinic by Lovehammers (I listen to that one a lot)

jitters
02-15-2007, 02:32 AM
Pink Flyod and the Ramones both good choices.

Duncan :goodjob:

Angel
02-15-2007, 05:22 AM
Anything off of the Album OK COMPUTER by RADIOHEAD .

but sometimes EXIT MUSIC wakes me up...kause in the beginning its a light akoustik strumming and krazy hollowed out voice..and especially kause it says : "Wake....from...your sleep".....

so i wake up..
but i am a light sleeper, me.

The Album REAL GONE by TOM WAITS
The album THREE CALAMITIES by SWITCHBLADE SYMPHONY.

PLEASE if there is anything you check out from my list, check out THREE CALAMITIES by SWITCHBLADE SYMPHONY ... they have been with me since day one.

ANY Pink Floyd album..especially both Darkside of the Moon AND Wish you were Here .

And Black MEtal helps me out too...but i know NOBODY here listens to that.

THESE are all good for sleeping as well.

there are more too, i will tell you. sometime.

jitters
02-15-2007, 06:43 AM

Not so much these days but somtimes I go to live gigs, and Black Metal Bands are on the roster. More of a Rock, Punk and Gothic man myself. But Cradle of Filth, Immortal and More recently Venom are O.K. not the best for sleeping to though me thinks.

THREE CALAMITIES by SWITCHBLADE is a good album it has a darkness which suits those of us with a troubled soul. Much like Dark Side of the Moon. The most appropriate songs on the album have to be Fear and Therapy. Do you like sisters of mercy or are they too main stream for your tastes?

Duncan. (goes off to raid his collection for the album.)

juliana
02-15-2007, 11:30 AM
Has anyone seen the documentary, METALLICA: SOME KIND OF MONSTER.

Very interesting stuff if you're a fan of Metallica music like I am. I think it would be interesting even if you're not a fan. It follows the band through two years of touring, group therapy, rehab, personal turmoil, etc. It's very raw and real. Two thumbs up!

jitters
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
I havent but I have heard good things I'll have too stick it on my Lovefilm.com list, get it delivered. :)

Angel
02-18-2007, 06:41 AM

Not so much these days but somtimes I go to live gigs, and Black Metal Bands are on the roster. More of a Rock, Punk and Gothic man myself. But Cradle of Filth, Immortal and More recently Venom are O.K. not the best for sleeping to though me thinks.

THREE CALAMITIES by SWITCHBLADE is a good album it has a darkness which suits those of us with a troubled soul. Much like Dark Side of the Moon. The most appropriate songs on the album have to be Fear and Therapy. Do you like sisters of mercy or are they too main stream for your tastes?

Duncan. (goes off to raid his collection for the album.)

I guess im talking more norwegian inspired black metal.

I just put Wigrid, a Leviathan and Xasthur split, old Gorgoroth, and some Nargaroth on Win amp, kause its fucking 7:25 am, i did some drinking and then fell asleep for an hour, and i have to work later on, so i need sleep.

Black metal helps me out, kause i love the Visions that the music helps me get. Plus the music in itself is really soothing in itself i think.

Its the treble in the produktion i guess. Most of the time each band goes for the produktion job that best suits the music, and most of the time it isnt the type of produktion that you get going to a fucking million dollar an hour studio.

It sounds like they rekorded in a cave, or a laundry room, while the machines are on. haha.

plus i really like black metal, and i listen to it more now bekause of my girlfriend.

Im more of a Black/death/gore metal person myself. Its good for stress, kause at any given time of the show you kan always give and receive as much pain as you want, and after the show you are left with a similar feeling after to having sex with five people at once.

I like ALL of Three Calamities. especially, Amnorata, invitation, and the first song. and the sekond song, and so on and so on, until number eleven...amnorata.

so the whole thing.

Pink Floyd with Syd Barrett, is good too, although i dont think its the best to sleep too.

And Sisters of MErcy is good, recently his voice has been getting on my nerves though. Siouxie and the Banshees is good too, and Bauhaus ( another good band to sleep too).

I dont really kare about "mainstream" labels, if i like them then i like them...which is the way its supposed to be.

BUT....I like Christian Death a whole lot....a whole lot. The first song i heard was a spiritual cramp remix, and then the first album i (unknowingly) bought was a Valor album.

But i love Rozz Williams about twenty times more. Christian Death is not Christian Death without Rozz....which is why i refuse to buy any more Valor albums.

in this i am hypocritical, kause i like some of Valors work. But after i did some research on the Rozz-Valor dispute and the measures that Valor took in basickally STEALING the Christian Death name from its AKTUAL FOUNDER (Rozz Williams) I wont buy his albums any more.

i guess its more of a moral thing.

Angel
02-18-2007, 07:17 AM
Jitters- check out this site.

www.myspace.com/hailganzir (http://www.myspace.com/hailganzir)

its my solo band thing. Watch the video. I made it at one of my highest peaks of anxiety, last summer.