PDA

View Full Version : PMDD is ruining my life

FindingLight
04-24-2012, 11:54 PM
Every month about two weeks before my cycle I become crazy. I get depressed. I was put in the hospital four times in six months. Each time I was put in about a week later I would start my period. They diagnosed me with borderline personality disorder, which I told them I thought was incorrect. I even pointed out that every time it happened and I would cut or become violent and get placed with them I would start. They wouldn't listen to me. I gave up on those doctors. Right now I feel insane. I yelled at my boyfriend four no reason. Made myself look like a fool. I apologized to him but he seems indifferent to how I act. I have a hopeless, empty feeling st all times. I accuse him of things because I'm paranoid and have no self control. I really don't know what to do I want to just be normal. To just have normal pms. Not become a crazed lunatic. I have so many feelings right now I just want to curl up in a while somewhere and get away from everything. I don't want to sere a doctor again but think I may have to. Any suggestions?

alankay
04-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I would considered a pyschologist. It could be anxiety so do you often have feelings or dread, fear, apprehenension or high anxiety/panic? If not it may be what they think but still there are often few "black and white" cases. There are meds from ssri's, mood stabilizers(valproate semisodium , carbamazepine, topiramate, lamotrigine), etc and one should be tried along with pyschcotherapy. Just my take. Alankay