PDA

View Full Version : Amino Acids

nf1234
04-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I know there is already a thread on the subject of amino acids and magnesium and how they have cured anxiety for some. I read many people who said they had just bought amino acids and magnesium and were going to give it a shot, but never saw any updates from them.

I am curious has anyone had any success of failure with amino acids and or magnesium?

I have researched a lot on the subject and it sounds like it really could be a cure for many mental health problems. I really just wish I could discover something that could cure us all of this horrible anxiety business!

Lexie1425
04-24-2012, 07:58 PM
I believe, and this is just my thought, that vitamins can help, but there are other things that need to be done as well to "cure" anxiety. Like talking to a therapist, working on calming oneself using breathing or anything else that works, learning about anxiety, and figuring out what is causing the anxiety.

But taking vitamins definitely doesn't hurt. When my anxiety was really bad a week ago, I jumped on taking vitamins. Here is what I am taking right now: magnesium, vitamin d, and vitamin c. I can't tell you whether it's been working or not. I have felt fine taking them. I have had a better week anxiety wise, but I have also been talking to a psychologist and working on my breathing techniques this week as well.

Anyone else have any experience with vitamins helping anxiety?