PDA

View Full Version : Would Benzodiazepines Work for me?

PotentBerriez
01-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Hello, i'm new to the forum and i would like to tell everyone a little about myself and problems. Well overall i am a very nervous person. I am 16 and have been on a couple ssri's like zoloft, effexor, and paxil for ocd. Well i started that about 2 years ago and i finally realized, through those medications, that they were not working for me so i quit taking medications. Now, i have my ocd under control for the mostpart and its not really bothering me that much. But i am very nervous over stupid, small stuff, espeacially in school were it impacts me the most. I will constantly think people are judging me on how i walk, talk, eat, write, conversate, etc. and they are going to negatively comment on me. It has gotten so bad that when i talk to people, i am so worried on not looking stupid, making eye contact, etc, that i will mess up the conversation and make my self look really stupid. This happens very often in almost every conversation i get into with and i am so tired of it. I am the same way in resteraunts, stores, or any other place that is public. Occasionally i will get so nervous that i chatter teeth or sometimes shiver (but not all the time). It affects my social life TREMENDOUSLY and i need something to change how am as soon as possible. i've done some anti-depressants, but they dont help and im not that depressed. i am some what depressed because of my social condition and i think about how i might end up in the future, not married, loner, or something. But i have read about the benzodiazepines and how they work fast, and i think that they might work very effectively and change my life for the better. Without treatment, i think i will not have a pleasant future. Please tell me what you think and what a doctor might do if i present this to them. Thanks. - Also, when i move from a sitting to standing position, often i get very lightheaded, dizzy, and feel like im bout to pass out. it only lasts a couple seconds or less.