PDA

View Full Version : Hypnotherapy

Buttercup
04-23-2012, 04:52 AM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone had tried hypnotherapy for their anxiety. I understand that hypnosis can be great when dealing with specific phobias but so many things make me anxious I am unsure if hypnosis would be beneficial. Also being able to get into a relaxed state to get hypnotised seems well out of reach for me!
I am at a stage where I am so fed up being like this I would try anything!
Thanks,
B x

laurandisorder
04-23-2012, 06:07 AM
I asked the same thing a few weeks ago.

Anyone?

Anyone?

:)

Dave G
04-23-2012, 07:47 AM
I'm pretty curious about this, as well. If they could make me like the movie "Office Space" where I can just stop worrying about things, I'm there!

guitarist
04-23-2012, 10:32 AM
I was seeing a hypnotherapist before I got my first therapy from a psychologist 9 years ago. I do believe it helped me a bit at the moment. You learn how to relax during these excersices. I was also able to speak about my feelings and difficulties which was a big help. Unfortunately my problem was too big for hypnotherapy alone, so I stopped doing it because it didn't help enough. At that moment I decided to consult a psychologist. I do believe it could be a good support though. If you are seeing a therapist or know the tools, you can always give it a shot. You learn great relaxation excersices.