PDA

View Full Version : re: new here, looking for some support and encouragement ... here is my story

sunnier
04-22-2012, 03:58 PM
Hi Everyone,
I have suffered from anixety, and OCD for as longs i can remember, it must of started back in Grade 3, but i am sure it was even earlier than that. Long story short, my anixety and OCD got worse after i found my dead on her bed of a massive heart attack, at the tender age of 47, the following year, i dragged my dad down to the hospital at 2:30 am in the morning thinking i was having a heart attack, i would only learn later that it was probably a panic attack.

i finally was diagnosed with OCD and anxiety around the age of 18 and put on different meds, fast forward 21 years later, i have been off and on Zoloft for as long as i can remember, i think for me i might have to be even on a low dose for the rest of my life, i have a hard time accepting that, but i know the minute i am off it, and i am feeling stressed, the OCD, the fears and anxiety start to get worse.

i have a wonderful hubby who is supportive, but can't fully comprehend what i am going through, i guess that is why i came here, cause i am sure there are people in similar situation than me.

my biggest phobia is dying, and what happens to us once we are dead, as i believe in a judgement day, which will decide whether you end up in hell or heaven, and i certainly would love to be heaven, with my loved ones.

anyhow... there is more to my story, but i would be here for a long time, so a short intro should suffice.