PDA

View Full Version : severe panic attack? on the motorway plez advise

ellie25
04-22-2012, 01:48 PM
I have been under high stress for a while and been experiencing a pain between my shoulder blades that came and went for the last 2 weeks. I thought it was stress or that I had pulled something. Today I was traveling over 300 miles and not long after starting my trip I started with dull chest pain and a feeling of shortness of breath, I slowly became thirsty and then very lighthead and then a sudden thirst that I found very difficult to swallow. I pulled up straight away on to the hard shoulder, got out the car and tried to take deep breaths. What followed was an ambulance etc in which I had tests, ecg, sats and blood test. The whole experience lasted for just under an hr. Even though my heart was beating fast I was told it was a panic attack. after alot of convincing and sometime calming down I carried on my journey but felt very unwell and kept stopping. Im home but still feel unwell and have a headache and pain in my upper jaw. I'm trying to relax and reason that it must be a panic attack but I'm scared. Can you plez advise

kellyzac
04-23-2012, 10:29 AM
Hiya all those symtoms def sound like anxiety i once got a pain between my shoulder blades id prob pulled something but in my head id got a collapsed lung!! if ive had a panic attack i feel really tired after maybe a headache and really shaky and in to the next day. I really had to work on the little pain in my chest me repeating 'im fine its my anxiety' over and over as soon as i let myself think its a heartattack boom it takes practise though i use a relaxation tape most nights aswell to relax even when im not stressed!

ellie25
04-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Just come back from my docs and hes said the same
Its just so hard not to worry and its so difficult to ignore the symptoms and try to not let it affect your every day life
Its really knocked me off my feet and it was such a big deal getting to the docs, luckily I have a good friend who drove me
I feel so tired and just feel like sleeping all the time so my plan is to take a few days off and then try to get back to normal