PDA

View Full Version : Odd question

jw927458
04-21-2012, 06:59 AM
One of my symptoms of anxiety is chest pains, and they just aren't fun. I've had tests done, and they said I'm clear. But I always see posts that people are continuously going to the hospital for the pain....does that mean you should go every single time you have a pain? I'd be there all day and everyday....

Belkin
04-21-2012, 07:35 AM
i remember like 3 years ago i had a injury where i fell on my chest and then couldnt take deep breathes or i would get sharp pain so i went ot hospital and had all these tests done and they found nothing but for atleast a year i was getting chest pains everyday and they would hurt really bad. To this day i dont know what it was but now im considering it to be anxiety.. as i have anxiety now but my symptoms are different. If you had all the tests done your fine. :)

panamark
04-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Kev's right. It's one of the first questions in most "anxiety inventories." Tightness, of the chest, pain in the stomach--many of these symptoms are a physiological response to prolonged feelings of anger/anxiety. Unfortunately the worry about the pain augments our worry about the anxiety. I general try to identify the symptoms as "indicators" that I'm anxious and need to breathe and rest; otherwise I get into a hypochondriac's cycle.