PDA

View Full Version : Thank you guys!

CarJim75
04-20-2012, 09:49 PM
It's been almost two months since I was diagnosed with GAD and still do get anxiety attacks frequently.The difference now is my approach to how I react. I'm able to minimize the symptoms by accepting them. Doing this allows and reassures me, everything is fine and it will pass.

Also, the comments and feedback on this forum are excellent! I encourage everyone to spend some time reading what other members have to say and their approach/techniques in dealing with anxiety. You never know, their technique might work for you. I've picked up some advise/techniques which have helped me =)

Stay strong everyone and remember we are all here for each other :)

Lexie1425
04-22-2012, 10:36 AM
I have found some helpful advice and techniques on here as well. Do you mind sharing what has helped you so much?

CarJim75
04-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Let me start off by saying I had rough weekend! My anxiety was trying to get the best of
me but I stayed strong.

Breathing techniques, exercise and accepting my symptoms prevented a full blown attack. Even as I type this anxiety is creeping up but I know it will pass. I understand there is nothing to worry about that it all starts with me.

I'm beginning to understand what triggers my anxiety. Certain parts of my lifestyle I recognize are contributing factors. This past week, I identified and eliminated two parts of my lifestyle that will help me trigger anxiety.

Also, I was able to identify that a lot of my anxiety attacks comes from anticipating an event or occasion. If anyone has any techniques or advise on how to deal with anticipation anxiety, please let me know.

Thanks!!!