PDA

View Full Version : Did Not Know This !!

Mysticsoul
04-19-2012, 06:00 PM
There are two type of anxiety. I knew we often somaticize anxiety into our bodies but I was not aware there are two different diagnostic categories:

Cognitive that includes worry and fear and somatic that has the following symptoms and may not have the fear component:

Partial List

Increased blood pressure
Pounding heart - heart flips
Profound weakness and fatigue
Exercise intolerance
Allergies
Increased respiration rate
Sweating
Clammy hands and feet
Adrenaline surge
Dry mouth
Need to urinate
Muscular tension
Tightness in neck and shoulders
Head pressure and tension
Dizziness
Vertigo
Trembling
Incessant talking
Blushing
Pacing up and down
Distorted vision
Eye floaters
Twitching
Yawning
Voice distortion
Nausea
Vomiting
Cramping
Diarrhea
Loss of appetite
Sleeplessness
Loss of libido

jk34
04-19-2012, 06:11 PM
I feel like I have both if that's the case... I have worry and fear, along with some physical symptoms

Mysticsoul
04-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Somatic anxiety involves high sympathetic nervous system activity. It is
characterized by irritability, hyper-reactivity, impatience and agitation.
It also involves the release of adrenaline.

sarmarie812
04-19-2012, 08:06 PM
Wow..I experience a lot of that.

PanicCured
04-27-2012, 02:17 PM
I don't really buy this way of categorizing. I think all anxiety has fear. What I think they mean here is there is the anxiety caused from a direct event that causes fear resulting in panic. The other kind is the nervous system has "crashed" due to more long term stress of some sort, causing these symptoms even when no direct fear is present. But I wouldn't say there is no fear at all, just more like it happens while walking down the street with no clear trigger, instead of worrying about someone who is in the hospital. That is why anxiety, although rooted in the mind, has a physical component and responds to proper herbs and supplements to help that aspect. Drugs are something that only work while you are on them, without providing the long term healing.

That is my opinion based on my own personal experience.