PDA

View Full Version : Help?

Jocelin8912
01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Hey guys. I have had Social Anxiety Disorder or SAD for two years now. I first had it when I was a freshman in highschool. I started getting anxious. I coughed alot because I didn't want to die and had difficult breathing and making eye contact. I never thought I had SAD until I went online and typed in nervousness in the Yahoo! Search engine and it showed SAD. I couldn't handle the nervousness anymore so I begged my mom to take me to the doctor. I'm now a junior in highschool seeking therapy and going to the doctor every now and then. The medications don't work. That's why I'm worried about this. All you anxiety sufferers, one thing I've learned, you don't have to go through this alone. Let the doctor and your therapist help you. Ok so I have been homebound for six months due to having SAD. And all of my friends are worried about me not going to school. I have tried two different medications so far and none of it works. These medications include Lexapro and Zoloft. My symptoms include obsessive thoughts about how to breathe, make eye contact, talk, etc. And I would get a headache at the end of the day just thinking about it too much. Example: When I want to blink, I can't because I'm afraid people will make fun of me. I always feel people are watching me. I feel very uncomfortable around people and whenever I'm around them, I always escape the room they're in. I have trouble breathing around people. I won't get out of the house. I'm always staying at home. I'm still scared to go to the store. I have received my diagnostics from the doctor and she said I have bipolar disorder and paranoia as well. I would hit my Mom alot and throw things. And I would feel like people are following me everywhere and talking about me. Note that all of my friends and my families don't know I have all these issues. What should I do besides telling them the truth? I don't want them to know because it's kind of embarrassing. Help?

V for Victor
01-14-2007, 07:34 PM
Sounds like you're going through some tough stuff. Medication would probably be really useful here, if you can find the right kind.

I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, and am on Citalopram. I don't know if it would be as helpful for you with your condition as it has been for me, but you could ask you doctor about it anyway.

jitters
01-15-2007, 04:48 AM
If meds arn't working that therapy you are seeking just might. Find a therapist and work hard at it and maybe in conjuction with the meds maybe life will become livable again.

Duncan