hey guys

iv been suffering from anxiety for around 16 months now
it started out severer but its only a mild anxiety now
but never the less im still suffering

i think i had my last flare up of anxiety around 3 months ago
which for me is really good, my longest period of anxiety free in fact
but unfortunately my anxiety us creeping back up again

but today i had a thought of why i may still suffer from anxiety
and i came up with the fact that i still fear it (mainly the relapse of anxiety)
it seems to me as if when i have an increase of anxiety, i dont deal with it
i just sit it out until it dies down and i start forgetting about it
and because i haven't learned to not fear it, when i have a flare up, i hits me hard and i brick it

plus i was also wondering why i still suffer, cus if i was to really think about it my anxiety isnt no where
near as bad as other people or as bad as it was when it started
i haven't had a panic/anxiety attack or any of the worst symptoms like depersonalization for around 15 months
i had one month at the start that was really bad with all the worst stuff, but since then my anxiety has got
milder and milder to a point where it has stayed at a mild anxiety, the anxiety that i still suffer from today

when i say mild anxiety i mean i get symptoms like:
-felling like im going to have an attack but never do
-hot flushes
-deep sadness
-guilt (this being the worst one)

is this all down to the fact that i still fear it?
what do you guys think
any advice would be much appreciated
thanks
richy

laurandisorder
04-18-2012, 06:34 AM
It kind of sounds like your depressed Richy?

My anxiety comes in fits and starts like yours, but I was diagnosed with major Unipolar depression long before anxiety.

I think you should have a talk to someone about this. Have you seen a Doctor? And whilst I wouldn't recommend looking too much into it, there are some online tests you can do to see if you have depression. Beyondblue.org is a good site, but it's Australian.

Good luck!

richy1991
04-18-2012, 09:34 AM
ermm im too sure if it is depression because i like going out and doing things but only with my gf, i don't like doing things alone because i also have social anxiety disorder plus my anxiety stops me, so i don't know
i did take a test however on that sight and it said i was in medium zone of depression

iv spoke to a doctor at the start of my illness but it was only about anxiety

cheers